Will I lose root and custom roms due the VZW OTA Update?

Omnipharious

Reaction score
The update just hit my phone today. I panicked & reboot into clockwork recovery and installed a nandroid backup. But, after I rebooted the update still was uploading where I interrupted It. Does anyone know if I will lose Root & my custom roms once the update is finished? Or, do I have to accept the update first?
I'm currently running Sapphire 0.8.4, with Roderj13's Redline theme & P3droid's 1.2ghz LV kernel. I love this setup & I don't want to have to re-root my phone again:^( Can anyone help???

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Let the update go. Your recovery will kill it. You wont lose anything.

OP
Omnipharious

Omnipharious

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. You da man!!! The update downloaded 3X's but it seems that my recovery keeps killing it. It will not reboot my phone & auto-install. Thanks:^)
P.S. Is there anything else that I need to know regarding the OTA Update or my custom recoveries? Because every now and then I make nandroid backups both in SP Recovery & Clockwork. Twice a month I flash between recoveries...

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. You da man!!! The update downloaded 3X's but it seems that my recovery keeps killing it. It will not reboot my phone & auto-install. Thanks:^)
P.S. Is there anything else that I need to know regarding the OTA Update or my custom recoveries? Because every now and then I make nandroid backups both in SP Recovery & Clockwork. Twice a month I flash between recoveries...

Peter Alfonso
It has the update killer. (it shouldnt download three times if you install the first thing on his list.)
And why do you flash between recoveries? Lol seems like a smart way to go but its a little unnesseary. If clockwork doesnt work that well then flash to sp and do you backups from their. I personally stick with clockwork, it has more features..