Will I Have to Unroot...

Status
Not open for further replies.

docfreed

Reaction score
Now that 2.1 is here, will I have to unroot from DroidMod 1.0? Or can I just install the update when received OTA?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes or wait for droidmod to cut something up.

irishdroid

Reaction score
Now that 2.1 is here, will I have to unroot from DroidMod 1.0? Or can I just install the update when received OTA?

Why do the ota update? From what I see your going to have the same thing. Except no overclock, wifi tethering, custom themes..only way I would get the update is if it had flash and I don't think it will.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Why do the ota update? From what I see your going to have the same thing. Except no overclock, wifi tethering, custom themes..only way I would get the update is if it had flash and I don't think it will.

Exactly....unless something is in there that is required for flash to work. If that is the case then I will unroot and install the update. But since moto kept tripping over themselves to get us a watered down update that the devs had given to us root users for months. I do not think moto was that slick.....they were too busy worrying bout the devour. (played with it at best buy, for those that complaint about the droid size...the droid id lighter in comparison.

BzB

Reaction score
if already rooted you're probably better off staying that way. main reason i say that is because the official 2.1 os will be boring compared to what you can do with your rooted phone. that's not to knock 2.1 because it will be a great update from 2.0 if keeping everything stock is more important to you.

gnmitchell

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but i'm pretty sure that ota is disabled with droidmod which means you won't receive notification of the verizon 2.1 update

irishdroid

Reaction score
True but you can go into setting and choose the update once its pushed.

eloist

Reaction score
I'm using the cyanogenmod....

will i need to disable the OTA updates?
I think I'd like to stay rooted.

Technoman

Reaction score
Why start a new thread when you are posting in regards to the 2.1 update? Why not post in the 2.1 official thread?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
We already have a 2.1 thread going on this thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.