Wifi Tether

Status
Not open for further replies.

balticzar

Reaction score
Rooted and up and running with Wifi tether.

Question is....when I tether does that count against my minutes? My data plan? Is unlimited data really unlimited? Is there a possibility I'm setting myself up for a monster bill?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Rooted and up and running with Wifi tether.

Question is....when I tether does that count against my minutes? My data plan? Is unlimited data really unlimited? Is there a possibility I'm setting myself up for a monster bill?

There are literally 25 threads about this exact topic. Search for "tether" or "tethering"

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
There are many many other threads on this topic.

We have no need of another !

please use the search feature of the forum to find this information. It is well documented.

By using "Wifi Tether" as my search parameters. I came up with 15 pages of related information.

2sls

Reaction score
Hey guys,
It looks like wifi tether only supports ad-hoc mode on the Droid X, even though the Droid X technically has the hardware to support infrastructure mode (hence the 3G hotspot feature). I know wifi tether has already made an infrastructure mode version for the EVO. Is there any plan for the developers to focus on infrastructure mode for the Droid X now? This is especially useful for those who have corporate notebooks which disable connecting to ad-hoc networks.

suruppak

Reaction score
Droid 1 infrastructure wifi

I have the same question for the Motorola Droid 1.

liferefugee

Reaction score
according to their app site, they dont have a DX to develop on so that is hindering them at this time. Though it sounds like they are going down that road.

Status
Not open for further replies.