Wifi / Tether

bclinsure

Reaction score
I just bought the new Nexus 7 32 gig tablet. I haven't even opened it yet. I also have the original Razor Maxx and still have the unlimited data plan and love it. I take the bus or train to work and want to use the Maxx as my hotspot for the wifi only Nexus. What is the best product or best way to do this?

Thank you in advance.

smiller136

Reaction score
Try foxfi. It works really well. I have heard that it doesn't work with jelly bean though.

4saken

Reaction score
If fox fi don't work for some reason I've had a couple issues with when the entitlement check not being turned off. Other then that it's worked fine.but if not root and install sql editor and set the value ofthe entitlement check to zero. Then your golden.good luck.

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
If fox fi don't work for some reason I've had a couple issues with when the entitlement check not being turned off. Other then that it's worked fine.but if not root and install sql editor and set the value ofthe entitlement check to zero. Then your golden.good luck.

If you going that route might as well use the Verizon Mobile Hotspot since changing the entitlement "hacks" it and let's you use it for free.

lostinsc

Reaction score
I have an older work phone running Android 2.2 and installed FoxFi on it. My Nexus 7 had no problem finding and using the hotspot.

chuckr01

Reaction score
Bluetooth tether

I Bluetooth tether my Nexus 7 with my RazrMaxx and it works fine. I have also used Foxfi and it also works. You have to go to the Tethering options in Settings to allow Bluetooth tethering but it doesn't give the Verizon pop-up that Hotspot does,even though I have unlimited data, it just turns on. I have done both successfully after the 4.2 upgrade on my Nexus 7. Don't feel bad about using this, you can only type on one screen at a time, why should Veriizon care which one it is?