WiFi Problems

mrpbjnance

Reaction score
I can activate my WiFi and I can connect to my wireless network (secured network) but when I try to browse with the browser or go to the droid market I always get an error like I am not connected. Is there something else I may be missing to use WiFi instead of 3G?

OP
M

mrpbjnance

Reaction score
Sorry I did search before I posted.. Is there a key word I can search for?

atlharry

Reaction score
I would try a combination of "wifi" and whatever encryption method you are using to secure your network (i'm gonna guess wpa2).

Sorry, I would just include a link, but teach a man to fish... :)

OP
M

mrpbjnance

Reaction score
Thank You for being the forum police...

For anyone else... I have done a search using specific to my set up.. I have gone through the multiple pages of results If anyone else might know the anser and could point me to a link I would appreciate it.

sodomojo

Reaction score
Thank You for being the forum police...

For anyone else... I have done a search using specific to my set up.. I have gone through the multiple pages of results If anyone else might know the anser and could point me to a link I would appreciate it.

Same here.

OP
M

mrpbjnance

Reaction score
I think I figured it out.. its not directly answered in other posts so I will answer it here. If you are using WPA and AES as the encryption you will probably have problems. You can try switching to TKIP (this is done in your wireless router setup) then you should be able to browse.
But note you will probably need to reconnect all your computers that are connected.
That is what worked for me. I would hope they would come out with a fix but you never know how long that will take

Trever1t

Reaction score
yeah, that was the answer in my thread of the same subject. So it worked for you, good. After changing to TKIP in your router was it a matter of just reconnecting the wireless devices? Can you elaborate a little?

OP
M

mrpbjnance

Reaction score
Yes it is simply reconnecting. I don't think I had to do anything with the droid. In my case I had a range extender I had to reconfigure and a wireless printer I had to reconfigure so it may not be that big a deal for most my set up was a little more complicated.
I just went to my wireless router and switched to the TKIP and save the settings on my router.