Wifi needed to download on market??

eap369

Reaction score
Is anyone getting a message saying u need Wifi to download apps because of the size?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
Is anyone getting a message saying u need Wifi to download apps because of the size?

On the Amazon App Store or the real Market? Amazon App Store requires wifi for big stuff. It's lame because 4G is just as fast as broadband connection.

OP
eap369

eap369

Reaction score
The real market but now im seeing that its asking for Wifi even if im not on market .. do u know What can be causing this? Mayne a setting I messed up on?

saltrock

Reaction score
Settings, battery and data manager, turn data saver off

OP
eap369

eap369

Reaction score
Thanks that did the job

klowe25

Reaction score
Thanks! I spent two hours on phone support with Verizon tonight and they couldn't help me at all. They messed up something else that I can't figure out how to fix, but your post sure helped me with the original problem.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's nice to have support here. I had a network problem on my OG Droid and someone asked if I had installed the SwitchPro widget. As I had he told me to uncheck something. Who knew.

I remember going to Verizon with my OG Droid because the compass on several apps were off 90 degrees (if the phone was facing North it said I was facing East). I did a battery pull, power down and all that. The tech said I had too many apps running at the same time (they were looking at my app list, not the running apps) and did a factory reset. It helped, but mainly because I probably didn't reinstall the app that was causing the problem.

41canine

Reaction score
Genius

Saltrock,
Thank you for your advise re: turning off Data Saver. I too, spent hour with tech Support and they finally ate sending me a replacement Bionic for the message "Download needs Wi fi". I saw your answer, turned off Data Saver and cancelled the reman replacement. Amazing tech support couldn't figure it out.
Thanks again.

saltrock

Reaction score
Don't give me to much credit. I had the same problem and found the fix on another post. I'm glad I could help. That's what this forum is all about

Yescobosa

Reaction score
Thank you!

I spent an hour and a half on the phone with verizon and they could not figure out why my phone was looking for wifi to download apps when everything was turned off. They actually said they can't help me and that I would have to just have to download or update my apps when I had access to wifi or do a factory reset which I didn't want to do. I found your answer here and it worked!!!!! Must thanks!!!