WiFi issue

Se7enLC

Reaction score
Mine is on my house wifi just fine. I use 128 bit WEP. Make sure your setup is also using 128bit. It's a 16 character key, IIRC.

128 bit WEP is 26 hex digits, (13 bytes).

My droid works fine on my own WPA2 network (Linksys router running DD-WRT). Haven't tried it with WEP, but WEP is kind of old and unused now.

Erich_F

Reaction score
yeah that makes more sense...I know I dread adding a device to my network cause the opportunity for a typo on that long-assed key is high :)

boatman2220

Reaction score
Here's what I had to do one time to my nephew's Droid. It remembered the connection but would not connect. I removed the connection, rebooted the phone,let it find the wifi then made a new connection. It's been working fine since then. Always remembers and reconnects to it.

droidoesall

Reaction score
I had a similar problem when connecting my droid to my router that was encrypted with wpa2. i didnt wana use wep cuz its not to secure and my neighbor who is a good friend of mine always hacks in to my stuff and messes around with me just for ****s and giggles. so i jst hide my ssid and have an open network. and now its been working for about a week now. no problems and my neighbor cant find it...yyyaaayyyyy. btw my ssid is "wehearyouf***ing" lol

PhatTimmy

Reaction score
Mine WiFi has been great until the past couple days, it doesn't want to stay connected. It jumps back and forth between 3G and WiFi.

FireDroid

Reaction score
Hmmm, I have my home and work WIFI on mine and has worked great. It works great.

Willyammer

Reaction score
Hmmm, I have my home and work WIFI on mine and has worked great. It works great.

Thanks for the helpful information :icon_ devil:... Most of us have had it working at one time. The resolution we need is to get it working once it stops.

Willyammer

Reaction score
Here's what I had to do one time to my nephew's Droid. It remembered the connection but would not connect. I removed the connection, rebooted the phone,let it find the wifi then made a new connection. It's been working fine since then. Always remembers and reconnects to it.

That worked for me. Thanks Boatman2220!!! :)

Laurence5905

Reaction score
The only major problem I've had with WiFi is that I had to re-enable SSID-broadcast on my Router. I had it turned off, and even when I manually entered my SSID, the Droid just refused to connect to it.

Re-enabled SSID, rebooted the Droid, let it find the connection itself, entered my WPA2/PSK key (LONG key there!) and it's been perfect ever since. This was on Nov. 7th or 8th, a day or two after I got the Droid.

Oddly enough, my network shows up twice in the list of networks available -- once as unsecured, not in range; and once as WPA2-secured, in range. But it always automatically connects to the secured, in-range one... I haven't messed with it at all (trying to remove the unsecured out-of-range listing of my network, for example) because I'm afraid to mess up WiFi on my Droid. After reading about all the WiFi problems out there, I'm not going to risk being locked out of my home WiFi network by making changes -- it works now, so I'm not messing with it!

boatman2220

Reaction score

That worked for me. Thanks Boatman2220!!! :)
Glad I could help. It's like other things that I've run into at times, just delete it and reinstall, then reboot. Sometimes a pain but it works more than not.

PhatTimmy

Reaction score
Still can't get it to connect. I've tried forgetting the connection and rebooting the phone, still nothing. So is this a software issue, a hardware issue, me being a dumbass and not having the right settings?

griz8791

Reaction score

boatman2220

Reaction score
Still can't get it to connect. I've tried forgetting the connection and rebooting the phone, still nothing. So is this a software issue, a hardware issue, me being a dumbass and not having the right settings?
Try this, ( just a shot in the dark ) Unplug the router, Delete the connection on the Phone, Restart the router, Reboot the phone, see if it finds it then.