WiFi File Explorer Pro

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let me start by apologizing if this has been discussed. I did do a search and I didn't see anything about it.

I just downloaded an app called WiFi File Explorer pro. Now what this little puppy does is it uses your wifi to get a web address for your Droid/Android phone. You type in the address in your browsers window and it then brings up all the files on your SD card without having to mount your Droid. No wires needed. Remember, you need WiFi. It won't work off of 3G.

I can see where this would come in handy for lots of folks. If you want to add pictures from your computer, movies, music, or maybe even install something like a .apk file.

It's a $1.10 for the pro version, and you can move it to your SD card with Froyo installed. Check it out. You don't like it, return it.

Again if this has been discussed sorry for the repeat thread.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
So you can add files to your SD over WiFi ?

illmatic636

Reaction score
Let me start by apologizing if this has been discussed. I did do a search and I didn't see anything about it.

I just downloaded an app called WiFi File Explorer pro. Now what this little puppy does is it uses your wifi to get a web address for your Droid/Android phone. You type in the address in your browsers window and it then brings up all the files on your SD card without having to mount your Droid. No wires needed. Remember, you need WiFi. It won't work off of 3G.

I can see where this would come in handy for lots of folks. If you want to add pictures from your computer, movies, music, or maybe even install something like a .apk file.

It's a $1.10 for the pro version, and you can move it to your SD card with Froyo installed. Check it out. You don't like it, return it.

Again if this has been discussed sorry for the repeat thread.

Thanks for the headz up. Going to check it out.

ivan_411

Reaction score
really great app. was looking for something like this the other day. i didnt feel like going across the room to get the usb cable. :D

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmmm....Apparently this app has been out since the start of Summer. So probably a lot of people knew about it already. Oh well, it's good to see some people didn't know about it.

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
you can bypass using a website and paying money to achieve this with estrongs file explorer wifi connection and a pc...in the tabs menu of estrongs press lan and then add a new server then fillin the info and then yahtzee!!

Purgatory

Reaction score
estrongs is a great piece of software that I use all the time, and is definitely better than astro, but the other piece of software that is nice to use is called "Awesome Drop". this software lets you copy files from your computer over to your phone's SD card over an HTML5 browser (firefox, chrome, safari) all wirelessly. No cables needed. Check it out if you haven't yet. And yes, it is free.