WiFi Connectivity Problems

adil

Reaction score
Hi All, my RAZR is having a hard time locking on to my home Wi-Fi signal. Sitting in a known strong signal area the, the network shows up in the Wi-Fi network list with all but one bars are blue, signal strength is reported as 'good', an IP address is obtained, the network indicators for 4G is off, the Wi-Fi network indicator shows only a blue dot.
Internet browser won't open anything other than my router admin page. I do not have any mac filtering set on my router. The Wi-Fi network eventually breaks down only to show up as available a few seconds later.
Previous devices were fine (Droid Bionic, Samsung Galaxy S), other devices in the house have no issues (TVs, Bluray players, video renderers, iPhones, diverse laptops). I am running a stock ROM OS2.3.5 . Baseband CDMA_N_03.1C.76P LTEDC_U_06.35.08, Kernel 2.6.35.7.

I am trying to find out if others experience the same issue and if so, did someone report this to Verizon yet? I am going to try to add a poll to determine prevalence of the issue.

Thanks for your help.
Adil

kevin22889

Reaction score
[Sitting in a known strong signal area the, the network shows up in the Wi-Fi network list with all but one bars are blue, signal strength is reported as 'good', an IP address is obtained, the network indicators for 4G is off, the Wi-Fi network indicator shows only a blue dot.]

My droid razr was having the same problem. I was able to use it perfectly fine at my home where I have WEP security on my wireless network. However, when I went to my fathers house, where the wireless network is open with no security, it would show as connected with full bars of wifi signal, but would not load anything over the network. 4G & 3G both worked fine in the exact same spot. My brothers Galaxy s2, & my dads laptop both worked fine with it while I was not connected with my droid razr. As soon as I would log on, their connections would also lose network access. I ended up changing my dad's wifi secuirty to WPA2, & it seemed to work at first, but then the connection stopped similarly to the way you described. I then changed the encryption type on the new WPA2 network from AES (which it defaulted to) to TKIP. From that point on, I had no problems using it on my dads wireless network, and all devices were able to use it simultaneously (made his connection faster too by kicking off all his signal stealin' neighbors). I hope this helps!

OP
A

adil

Reaction score
update

Hi All, just wanted to give an update. The connection works now. Phone SW is the same. The only difference is that I moved the router a few inches, not sure if that was it since other devices in the house didn't have a problem.
Adil

busab

Reaction score
I have a similar problem. I will have a good Wi-Fi signal and it will drop it for no apparent reason. Its become quite annoying as I'm using much more of my data plan than I really need to.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Set wireless security to WPA2/TKIP, the original Droid had issues with AES but this was eventually resolved in an update. Being the razr is using a new wifi driver it may suffer a similar issue.

breedingh8

Reaction score
Set wireless security to WPA2/TKIP, the original Droid had issues with AES but this was eventually resolved in an update. Being the razr is using a new wifi driver it may suffer a similar issue.

Use wifi all day work and home are both wpa2/tkip...no issues

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums