Widgets gone after update!

dt1953

Reaction score
After letting the Bionic perform the update or upgrade or perhaps downgrade last night my screens had a lot of gaps where something used to be. Many if not all my widgets were gone. I found a widget tab on the app screen but the ones I commonly used like Wifi on/off and GPS on/off are gone and I cannot find them anywhere. Anybody know where they went, how to restore them?

Droid101

Reaction score
After letting the Bionic perform the update or upgrade or perhaps downgrade last night my screens had a lot of gaps where something used to be. Many if not all my widgets were gone. I found a widget tab on the app screen but the ones I commonly used like Wifi on/off and GPS on/off are gone and I cannot find them anywhere. Anybody know where they went, how to restore them?

Most of the widgets on the bionic with gingerbread were not supported with ice cream sandwich so moto removed them. They didn't disappear they just are gone unless you can find something in the market

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

OP
D

dt1953

Reaction score
Great!! I found where I can turn on everything except GPS. Still looking for that one. Wish right now that I had known and not installed the downgrade.

mamawm

Reaction score
look in settings>location services>stand alone gps and see if that's what you need.

Droid101

Reaction score
Great!! I found where I can turn on everything except GPS. Still looking for that one. Wish right now that I had known and not installed the downgrade.

Not a downgrade just an update to what the operating system should have been.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

OP
D

dt1953

Reaction score
Thanks to all for the GPS switch location and other advice. I was just lamenting that I can no longer simply touch a widget on my main screen and turn on airplane mode, for example. I fly a lot and it made life simple. In fact I had an entire row that turned things on or off quickly and conveniently. Other than that I really do like the look and improvements found so far. Even the female computer voice of GPS guidance is better. So I guess my questions are all answered. Thanks again to all who responded.

skifreak

Reaction score
Power control widget

The power control widget is still there, just a new one. Go to Apps > widgets > power control and long press

mamawm

Reaction score
skifreak said:
The power control widget is still there, just a new one. Go to Apps > widgets > power control and long press

Thanks, I overlooked that when I was looking thru the widgets.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks to all for the GPS switch location and other advice. I was just lamenting that I can no longer simply touch a widget on my main screen and turn on airplane mode, for example. I fly a lot and it made life simple. In fact I had an entire row that turned things on or off quickly and conveniently. Other than that I really do like the look and improvements found so far. Even the female computer voice of GPS guidance is better. So I guess my questions are all answered. Thanks again to all who responded.

Widgetsoid works perfectly on ICS for what you're wanting to do