Widget wont go away!

LongIslandChris

Reaction score
Installed widget, then wound up uninstalling the app. but now there a black square that says "widget loading" that wont go away. tried removing battery, SD card. dragging into trash and installing the app and uninstalling it again.. any thoughts or tips???

jetman

Reaction score
I just got a Droid yesterday and had the same problem. How did you get rid of the black box??

OP
L

LongIslandChris

Reaction score
as i wrote, that i tried dragging the widget into the trash but didnt work, i tried it again and it worked.
hold down the widget (or black box in our case) until the phone vibrates and ur able to move the widget, drag down to the bottom of screen to the grey tab with arrow. the tab turns into a trash can when a widget is over it, release the widget and bam its in trash.

jetman

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip I really appreciate you helping a "newbie" out

Kalista

Reaction score
I've done exactly the same thing everyone has told me to do, 1. hold til vibration 2. drag into trash can on the grey menu tab that turns into a can, and release.
Still nothing. I've had my Droid for a month, and I've had trouble sliding to open, And now the trash can? I've tried several release techniques to no avail either.
Any further tips/instructions would be very helpful to my Droid (and the cement ) upon which it will land., and tires, that will roll right over it.
Anyone Anyone?

wricks

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've done exactly the same thing everyone has told me to do, 1. hold til vibration 2. drag into trash can on the grey menu tab that turns into a can, and release.
Still nothing. I've had my Droid for a month, and I've had trouble sliding to open, And now the trash can? I've tried several release techniques to no avail either.
Any further tips/instructions would be very helpful to my Droid (and the cement ) upon which it will land., and tires, that will roll right over it.
Anyone Anyone?

When you drag the widget to the trash can, both should glow red when you are in the proper position to drop.

Edit: I'm using Helix Launcher. Don't remember what the native trash can would do.

Last edited: