Widget Issues

VitoPorkleone

Reaction score
I am trying to put new widgets on my home screen. I drag the widget to the location, but after finalizing settings/preferences etc, the widget never appears. This is happening with several widgets (many weather app widgets, ESPN, etc.).

This is with downloaded apps and widgets. The preloaded ones work fine.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
You can add a widget in any free space on a Home screen page, as long as there’s room for it. Widgets come in a variety of sizes, from one- or two- section widgets to full-screen ones. In addition to the widgets supplied with your phone, downloaded applications sometimes include their own widgets. Do you have enough space for the widgets you are trying to add?

OP
V

VitoPorkleone

Reaction score
You can add a widget in any free space on a Home screen page, as long as there’s room for it. Widgets come in a variety of sizes, from one- or two- section widgets to full-screen ones. In addition to the widgets supplied with your phone, downloaded applications sometimes include their own widgets. Do you have enough space for the widgets you are trying to add?

I have tried by long pressing the widget itself then dragging, and by "add widget to home screen." Yes, I am adding to an empty space. I've even tried adding to a blank screen. Apps simply can't be added to the home screens. This happens with any widget that is downloaded.

z96Cobra

Reaction score
Have you moved the downloaded app/widget to the SD Card? Apps with widgets need to be left in "phone storage" for the widgets to work. Also, have you tried a reboot?