Widget issues

phantom420

Reaction score
First off I absolutely love the new apex! Thanks Fab! One minor issue tho..for some reason I'm having a problem with a couple of my widgets.using Pulse as my news widget an sometimes the widget disappears on me and im left with the box saying problem loading widget. Option for pulse widget also disappears as an option in the widget menu. Doing a titanium restore corrects the issue temporarily.. This problem just started today with my calender pad widget as well..did fix permissions in clockwork an still get issue. Not sure if its adw, the app, too many widgets running, or apex causing the issues..any help would be appreciated.. screenshots are of when widgets are working.
aefc257f-ff04-6496.jpg

aefc257f-ff2f-c37e.jpg

aefc257f-ff55-9c1a.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

deathshead

Reaction score
Thats a launcher issue not the rom, is that launcher pro by chance?

I had some issues with launcher pro and went to ADW EX and never looked back it runs great.

OP
P

phantom420

Reaction score
Its the free version of adw..I've never really messed too much w launcher pro..been meaning to switch to EX.. Is it much of a difference?

deathshead

Reaction score
Ya Adw EX is really nice, even just to set the screen transitions to random and move from screen to screen, it blows peoples minds. lol

OP
P

phantom420

Reaction score
Well I upgraded to EX an the same problem occurs..think imma have to email the pulse developers an c if its an issue on their end..an btw, EX is sick..well worth the 3 bucks.anyone know of any other good news widgets? On another note, anyone getting random reboots? My X usually reboots like 2-3 times in the am, an then I'm good for the rest of the day..unless I'm multitasking like a mofo lol.. I'm overclocked now to 1.2 ulv through the overclock option in terminal emulator..but that's not the issue cause all this started happenin b4 I overclocked...

lemodular

Reaction score
did you try to uninstall the widget (from desktop) then re-add? That is what I usually do when a widget acts up.

OP
P

phantom420

Reaction score
Yea I did that at first..went into market, uninstalled an then reinstalled.. I've been having to use titanium to restore the app an data, and then it reappears as a widget option..

tanyrl

Reaction score
Is your program running off your sd card? I've found out the hard way-any thing widget you have to keep on your phone.

OP
P

phantom420

Reaction score
Not anymore. I read ur post this morning and moved pulse from the sd back to the phone, before doing my usual morning reboot.. This may have solved the problem...at least so far the widget is still on one of mt home screens and working fine..never really had a problem w an app running from the sd card b4 but maybe pulse is more picky than pandora an circle launcher.. Thanks again guys for all the suggestions! Now if Fab could only rework his music mod to control pandora from the lockscreen like in liberty, I'd b all set;p an maybe a new orange theme for 1.4 lol