Wi Fi Connection issues since update

DDROIDJ

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Moto Z Force
Today my phone is having issues connecting to the company Wi Fi. I am getting the following message "Obtaining IP address...."

I have soft reset the phone (turning off and back on) Forgot and re-established the connection and still get the same message.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
my favorite fix is clearing the partition cache. It can help with wifi, after the update, the older files could be confusing the phone.

try the following

1. With the phone powered off, press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button at the same time until the device turns on.
  2. Press the Volume Down button to highlight "Recovery mode"
  3. Press the Power button to restart into Recovery mode.
    You'll see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark.
  4. Holding the Power button, tap Volume Up once and then release the Power button.
  5. Use the volume buttons to scroll to "wipe cache partition" and press the Power button to select it.
  6. "Reboot system now" will be highlighted, press the Power button to select it.

OP
DDROIDJ

DDROIDJ

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Moto Z Force
Thank you for your input..... However, still getting the same message

OP
DDROIDJ

DDROIDJ

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Moto Z Force
Not today...yet. I checked other devices and they connected just fine. After trying for a while I get the following message: "IP Configuration Failure"

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
most of the possible fixes requires access to the router. it would be nice to know if it is the only network you are having problems with.

you can try turning off network notifications. the following may not be the exact steps but a little common sense and looking should get you there

Settings → Connections → Wi-Fi → Advanced and switch off Network notification:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
When you say since update, what update are you referring to? A new system version update on your phone? An app update? Was your phone connecting fine to the same WiFi network before the update? I received a new System Version update on my Z Force recently, so I assume you maybe that update. My WiFi has been OK since that update.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk