why not a cigarette adapter/car mount

blinden

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel2 XL
I hate wires running everywhere, it would be nice if there was a device that plugged into the car power and also had a semiflexible arm that would also serve as a pretty steady car mount. This would be compatible with a lot of cars.

I was always looking for something of this nature for my blackberry and couldn't find anything, I think I looked in all the right places. Is there a reason why such a thing isn't popular? Will there be anything like this for the droid?

Rockstar

Reaction score
If the droid will have app for xm/sirus satellite they will probably come out with one. Iphone has what you speak of, got a crutchfield magazine with a cig adapter arm/holder.

yearn

Reaction score
I think it would be to much for the power outlet.
I but it would get all loose and sloppy really quick using something like this

BSmith

Reaction score
With the nav and what not it's probably a liability to force your face that far away from the windshield. Iphone is marketed as being an Ipod in addition to a phone, so it's not too much to have the thing mounted out of your normal line of sight.

Or, maybe no one has made one yet. ;)

OP
blinden

blinden

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel2 XL
I would think it would be more of a liability (and legal issue) to have your windshield blocked by that dock stuck on there. I would even prefer one of the vent style clips, I just don't want that thing on my windshield and wires hanging everywhere.

OP
blinden

blinden

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel2 XL
Found this, might be of some interest. If you do end up getting it, let me know how it works.

AMZER***::***Products***::***Mobile Accessories***::***Cases

Awesome, pretty darn close to what I was looking for, not 100% (would like to see it integrated power and the cardock mode magnet included) but that's pretty close, I think I'll give this a try.

edit...

umm, if it was for sale anywhere...
okay, found it...

http://www.fommy.com/view-full-page...ola+Droid+A855&cat=Vehicle+Mounts&skuno=85510

Last edited:

DaHarder

Reaction score
OK...I took the bait.

I'll report back to you guys when it arrives.

tommyz

Reaction score
Garmin Power Adapters not working with Mini to Micro adapter

I have the following mount:

41UE25ABOBL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Amazon.com: ARKON GN097-USB Pedestal Lighter Socket Mount with integrated Mini USB Power for Garmin: Electronics

Physically it holds the Droid very well. The problem is it will not power the Droid with a Mini to Micro USB adapter. I have also tried other Garmin (original Garmin brand) chargers with the Mini to Micro USB adapter without any success.

I really like the above mount and wish I didn't have to use an additional power adapter.

The Droid seems to be very particular about the charger. I even tried a different USB wall wart with the cable that came with the phone with no success.

darreno1

Reaction score
I settled on the Amzer swivel vent mount from Fommy. I liked how it mounted at close to eye level. Except for the fact that part of the mount itself partially blocked the headphone jack (I had to modify it a bit), I am really happy with it.

godanigo

Reaction score
I settled on the Amzer swivel vent mount from Fommy. I liked how it mounted at close to eye level. Except for the fact that part of the mount itself partially blocked the headphone jack (I had to modify it a bit), I am really happy with it.

Review and pictures would be rad :icon_ banana:.

skidemn

Reaction score
Cigarette lighter mount for Droid

I already posted this in a similar thread so here it is again for you:

Here's the iGrip holder I use for my Droid. In this photo I'm using it with a cigarette lighter mount, but many other mounting options are available. As you can see from the picture, the Droid is in car mode which I accomplished by adding a magnet inside the holder. Depending on the orientation of the magnet, you can make it go into car mode or dock mode for home. I'm actually going to be removing the cigarette lighter mount for a Panavise custom mount I have for my truck and I'll post a pic when done.

As I mentioned in another thread, I work for a company that sells this type of stuff so I won't link them here but if you are interested you can private message me for the info. If I get time I'll make a video showing how simple it is to make your home or car dock with this holder and a magnet from Lowe's.