Why no android Hotmail app?

snipper

Reaction score
Am I missing it, or why in the world does Hotmail not have an android app? I have to go to the mobile site which is awkward. I do have the app where you get email notifications and such, but you'd still have to go to the hotmail site to manage your emails there anyway. Anybody know when hotmail is planning on coming out with one?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Am I missing it, or why in the world does Hotmail not have an android app? I have to go to the mobile site which is awkward. I do have the app where you get email notifications and such, but you'd still have to go to the hotmail site to manage your emails there anyway. Anybody know when hotmail is planning on coming out with one?

Hot Mail has always been an issue, but to the best of my knowledge it gmail is now able to work with hot mail. Have you looked in the settings of your gmail lately? On the Accounts and Import tab it specifies Hot Mail: Import from Yahoo!, Hotmail, AOL, or other webmail or POP3 accounts.

If you've tried it before and haven't tried lately, give it a try.

Silver Member
Reaction score

btw, if you have gmail check your hotmail account, you can send hotmail through gmail as your hotmail account now.

OP
S

snipper

Reaction score
Ok, I imported my hotmail acct to google. But, this still doesn't solve that when I delete the messages from gmail, they are not deleted from my hotmail. Any suggestions for that?

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok, I imported my hotmail acct to google. But, this still doesn't solve that when I delete the messages from gmail, they are not deleted from my hotmail. Any suggestions for that?

stop using hotmail?

seriously. you're in the cloud now. start transferring your accounts. as you send emails out through gmail, people will slowly begin to pick up, and if you get an email through hotmail, you'll still get it, and then you can respond with gmail.

i know it seems like a hassle, but you're using a google device. things are much simpler if you just accept. give in to your feelings... feel the.... wait, nevermind.

google is good, mmkay?

:D

OP
S

snipper

Reaction score
Maybe you're right :)

Thanks!

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Am I missing it, or why in the world does Hotmail not have an android app?
Ask Microsoft. Apps don't just create themselves.

Don't forget that there are mail apps that support Hotmail. On top of that Hotmail supports ActiveSync now. I'll leave finding the details up to you as they should be easily discovered with a Google search.

seriously. you're in the cloud now. start transferring your accounts.
That statement makes no sense. Not all of us rely solely on gmail. The account I primarily use is an Exchange account, for example. The cloud and non-gmail accounts aren't mutually exclusive.

kyle2351

Reaction score
See one before don't remember. The name of it

Silver Member
Reaction score
Am I missing it, or why in the world does Hotmail not have an android app?
Ask Microsoft. Apps don't just create themselves.

Don't forget that there are mail apps that support Hotmail. On top of that Hotmail supports ActiveSync now. I'll leave finding the details up to you as they should be easily discovered with a Google search.

seriously. you're in the cloud now. start transferring your accounts.
That statement makes no sense. Not all of us rely solely on gmail. The account I primarily use is an Exchange account, for example. The cloud and non-gmail accounts aren't mutually exclusive.
your statement regarding hotmail and activesync makes less sense with Android than my statement with allowing gmail to check your accounts.

android has exchange support built-in. OP's questions was regarding a Hotmail app, not Exchange integration.

event121

Reaction score
Hotmail works as an exchange account. You can manage the folders of hotmail (including being able to delete the trash) from built into android exchange support. Google the directions.

Problem solved.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
IMO Hotmail=Spam Heaven.....

Go Google...

FC127

Reaction score
IMO Hotmail=Spam Heaven.....

Go Google...

^+1000
Not to mention Hotmail is owned by M$... why would M$ want to support Google/Android?

Microsoft does have at least one app (microsoft tag reader) available in the market. But you are right that they shouldn't want to support Google/Android.

Sent from my D2 using DroidForums app

Lokiare

Reaction score
I don't use GMail because google tracks every little thing you do and puts it in a giant database which they then sell to other companies and the government (read your EULA for google, facebook, OnStar, etc..etc..). I really don't want to run my hotmail through google to give them every piece of that info too.

Things these companies sell about you:
Your location habits
Words you use frequently
Whether you buckle your seatbelt and drive over the speed limit
The routes you take to places like work, school, favorite hangouts etc...
The various websites you frequent
Anything about you that shows up in newspapers or magazines (Facebook).

I'm sure Micro$oft tracks this kind of info, but they don't sell it to their competitors. So I'm sticking with hotmail!

Natey2

Reaction score
hotmail.com is history.
live.com is its successor from Microsoft, and I use the stock Android Corporate Sync account/widget to get my live.com email.
I believe live.com supports push e-mail using my DroidX Corporate Sync, which the old hotmail.com doesn't. Google it for for proper setup instructions; it isn't obvious.
I get more spam on my newer gmail account than I get on my older hotmail and live accounts.
If using Android, stick with gmail. If using Windows, go with live.com, or whatever Microsoft recommends... unless you want to be the pioneer who tries to resolve subtle interface problems between vendors and disparate e-mail systems :)

Ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hotmail#Windows_Live_Hotmail

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app.