Why is my android market running extremely slow?

tu3218

Reaction score
I did a revert back to stock android from droidmod and now when I go into the market and click on an app, it takes at least 45 seconds to load the app info and then another 45 sections before the screen where it shows you what the app accesses. Also when I click apps and go to a certain category. At the top only top free and just in show up, no top paid. Does anyone know anything I can do to fix this?

Last edited:

hookerdj

Reaction score
mine just started doing this i figured maybe because it is self updating itself. i know there is a market update and it just runs itself without any permission im not saying this is why but maybe its why???

Mine does this all the time also

OP
T

tu3218

Reaction score
mine just started doing this i figured maybe because it is self updating itself. i know there is a market update and it just runs itself without any permission im not saying this is why but maybe its why???

could be, but mine has been acting like this for a couple days now though...

warrior21

Reaction score

Do you just deal with this?? Also, have you done a factory reset recently?
I've flashed a few differnt ROMS lately so I've wiped my phone quite a bit. I usually just deal with it when it gets like that, this morning I had quite a bit of touble with it but now it seems to be running ok

hobby31

Reaction score
sometimes the market itself is just slow. I have noticed when flashing different ROM that I would have trouble with the market for 45 minutes or so. It would take forever for the market to open and if I clicked on any app it would take forever for the info to open up. But like I said it would usually clear up after 45 minutes or so.

pandroid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yes! Same issue here

I thought it was the "I drum naked" rom from chaos cause it just started slowing down when I installed it. Then I tried a UD rom and still had the problem so I thought it was my wifi. But now I'm on cyan on a different wifi/internet connection and its still slow! Been going on for about a week now and its extremely irritating.

I think its an issue on googles side

Might be worth noting I'm in poland on business at the moment

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
It happens on a fairly frequent but unpredictable basis. Nothing to worry about. My assumption has been maintenance or demand on the servers.

pandroid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Maintanance, maybe. Server load, definitely not. Not for google.

Maybe a database issue

whatever it is, A week of this is pretty redic. And 45 seconds to load each screen can be an under estimate at times.

Anyways google, please fix. Ive been slacking on app updates because its become a chore with the wait times

OP
T

tu3218

Reaction score
Maintanance, maybe. Server load, definitely not. Not for google.

Maybe a database issue

whatever it is, A week of this is pretty redic. And 45 seconds to load each screen can be an under estimate at times.

Anyways google, please fix. Ive been slacking on app updates because its become a chore with the wait times

well I guess its good to hear other people are experiencing this issue and its not just my phone. But yea your right, google please fix!

dr0idg0d23

Reaction score
I'm wondering if it is as simple as that. Are any of you still having this problem. It seems like ever since I dropped my phone the other day it has been doing this on the market. I didn't really take notice until yesterday though because I updated to cm 5.0.6.2. Thing is though I don't ever remember having this problem before I dropped my phone on the sidewalk.

OP
T

tu3218

Reaction score
When I got my new phone it was running very slow once again, I restarted my phone, battery pull and when I went back into the market it was working good. So I would recommend trying a battery pull.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if it is as simple as that. Are any of you still having this problem. It seems like ever since I dropped my phone the other day it has been doing this on the market. I didn't really take notice until yesterday though because I updated to cm 5.0.6.2. Thing is though I don't ever remember having this problem before I dropped my phone on the sidewalk.

Just because breakfast comes before lunch, it doesn't mean breakfast causes lunch. The Market has slowed down more frequently in recent weeks. Considering that Verizon sold 100,000 Incredibles in the first two days of sales and that the only factor limiting sales at the moment is supply, I strongly suspect that the behavior is related to demands on the Google servers.

When I wait for five minutes or more waiting for a download/update, I usually just cancel the download and try again. Often it helps; sometimes not. Hard to say if I simply waited I'd get the app at about the same time.

Last edited: