Why does my Camcorder "skip"? See sample vid

jcardona1

Reaction score
Ok so I've had this happen several times when i record a video. the camcorder appears to freeze and skip while recording, and it shows up in the final video.

youll see it happens more than once in this video i just took today. video is me feeding my stingray pup :D

[video=youtube;60VI8_nGGks]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60VI8_nGGks]YouTube - Henlei pup feeding on trout worms[/video]

ohioDroid

Reaction score
I haven't had any issues like that. Maybe it's a video quality thing? I have mine set to record at the highest quality. I also tend to make sure other apps are closed before I use the video camera.

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have had this happen with EVERY ROM I have installed, I don't recall this happening with my stock droid video recording :(

-=Jason=-

MaXKiLLz

Reaction score
Mine does this all the time with the stock rom. I've also had the video and audio go out of sync once it "skips". Let me know if you find a cause. Nice ray. You need to build a reef in that tank. At least drop some sand on the bottom.

OP
jcardona1

jcardona1

Reaction score
thanks guys, but that's a freshwater ray from the amazon and soon she'll be going in my 400g. any other ideas on the video?

ThaiDroid

Reaction score
I have the same problem using the standard video recorder and ROM. Anyone have thoughts? I record in highest quality and have this problem whether I'm in Airplane mode with no other apps running (used Advanced Task Killer to kill all before starting video recording) and when running regular programs.

OP
jcardona1

jcardona1

Reaction score
hmm so it seems like i'm not the only one. is this a known issue at all for vzw/motorola?

drwolcor

Reaction score
Sorry to bring back a thread that's a couple months old but I would assume that with these ROMs that enable higher bit rate recording is skipping because the sd card is not fast enough. This is why you see for flash based camcorders that do 1080p require at least a class 4 card which means it is faster.

Doeds anybody know what class card came stock in the droid?

I would assume it would be low class with motorola/vzw trying to cut costs

brochaos

Reaction score
the better class cards don't help either. there were some other older threads on this. i found that recording for a few seconds, backing all the way out of the cam app, and then going back in, seems help a little bit. it's a free ram issue, IMO. normally, i have ~10-12mb free according to settings>applications>running services. after i exit out of the cam app, it jumps to ~30mb free. when i go back in, my stuff doesn't skip anymore or at least just slightly.