Why are all the games for Droid so lame?

dolfanpete

Reaction score
I mean shoot u? Angry birds ? Just these games seem borrring. Shoot u gets boring. AND COuldnt get into angry birds.......I have even purchased other games at the advice fro other members. But those sucked too. Sooo9ooo are there or will there ever be any legit games? Like games that are on 360 or ps3.,....that would be awesome..,...I don't think harcode gamers would like any game on the market. Unless I'm missing something. Am I?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
LOL i hope you're trolling.

you are not going to see 360/ps3 caliber games on mobile devices for a loooooooooong time.

remember, it's a smartphone first, gaming device second. the closest you can get to games is downloading emulators. NES, SNES, gameboy, etc. are all out there and i hear a Dreamcast emulator is on its way

GT944

Reaction score
Can you imagine playing these types of games on your phone? I mean, imagine trying to play a shooter on a touchscreen or keypad -- not fun. Most games are going to be lightweight (and hearted) just by the nature of the devices' capabilities. And purpose.

I would think that some of the most fun you'll have is geeking around with the phone (rooting, apps outside market, etc) but maybe thats not really your interest? I dunno, so far I've found the phone fun for killing time when I'm waiting for something out and about or for getting info on the go.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The only" hardcore" game i've seen running on a mobile platform was the rage demo preview thing on the iphone but I can't imagine it would be all that easy to play or even enjoyable. Plus i'm sure it was a giant resource hog. You can look up rage on iphone and see what I mean. Its possible that the psp phone or whatever its called will have some good games, but realistically it just a phone I don't expect anything huge or groundbreaking.

tappin and a talkin

OP
dolfanpete

dolfanpete

Reaction score
I guess that makes sense. I enjoy rooting /farting around w/my phone more than anything. Mp3 player surfing web tons of great non game apps. I just wish there were some games that I just couldn't put down
Btw no troll here I love my droid its married to my hip.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I guess that makes sense. I enjoy rooting /farting around w/my phone more than anything. Mp3 player surfing web tons of great non game apps. I just wish there were some games that I just couldn't put down

Haha, nah just messin with ya.

To expect a ps3/x360 type of game on a mobile device is just unrealistic with today's technology right now. I'm sure someone could put something together, but you'd be paying the price of a 360/ps3 + phone + whatever else, it's just too unrealistic.

However, there is a rumor that the new Sony phone coming out is similar to a PSP if you have any interest in that.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
How can a phone running a 600-800MHz processor with 256MB of RAM and a GPU scaled to the same specs compete with a dedicated gaming rig? And do you really expect a sub 4-inch screen to compare to that 40" 1080P TV you have? :)

Look at it this way. It's better than the TurboGrafix16. :D

OP
dolfanpete

dolfanpete

Reaction score

Haha, nah just messin with ya.

Not unless it comes out for verizon!

To expect a ps3/x360 type of game on a mobile device is just unrealistic with today's technology right now. I'm sure someone could put something together, but you'd be paying the price of a 360/ps3 + phone + whatever else, it's just too unrealistic.

However, there is a rumor that the new Sony phone coming out is similar to a PSP if you have any interest in that.