Who would pay a dev for an FM transmitter app that actually works? (I would).

deputc26

Reaction score
The Droid has the TI wl1271 wireless chip which is capable of transmitting and receiving FM radio signals, the Motorai uses the same board and comes with this functionality. Several devs over at Alldroid have enabled the hardware (they are pro with linux) but haven't been able to write a real app that takes advantage of it. Such an app was written by a dev for a different phone and I believe that they are trying to convince that guy to port it to the Droid.

See the poll and thread at Alldroid here: AllDroid - View topic - Droid FM Radio Thread

FSRBIKER

Reaction score
I am all for this for sure, well worth paying for an app like this....I would then cancel my Sirius account!

Last edited:

MQAAord

Reaction score
Wouldn't there be issues with transmitting, like having to get an Radio Operator's Permit?

Receiving FM radio would be pretty cool though...!

tktouch12

Reaction score
i wouldnt really care about transmitting (i guess it would be handy on occassion), but i would really like to be able to receive fm radio (and would pay for that (maybe if one purchased app did both))

goldbergs

Reaction score
The Droid has the TI wl1271 wireless chip which is capable of transmitting and receiving FM radio signals, the Motorai uses the same board and comes with this functionality. Several devs over at Alldroid have enabled the hardware (they are pro with linux) but haven't been able to write a real app that takes advantage of it. Such an app was written by a dev for a different phone and I believe that they are trying to convince that guy to port it to the Droid.

See the poll and thread at Alldroid here: AllDroid - View topic - Droid FM Radio Thread

The best APP using this would be to transmit to your car FM radio so you could use it as a hands free device.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

The best APP using this would be to transmit to your car FM radio so you could use it as a hands free device.
I want this... so I can get rid of the Belkin FM transmitter :)

Dr01d

Reaction score

The best 99 dollars I've ever spent.

MOTOROKR T505 - Motorola

mntbikejack

Reaction score
I would love to be able to stream music from the droid to my car radio without needing another device to plug in and keep charged.

dafischman

Reaction score

MOTOROKR T505 - Motorola

+1 - It's awesome!

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i would kill for this. especially if the signal strength is better than what is allowed (is it FCC? nah.. can't remember who polices that crap) right now. every FM transmitter on the market sucks for my car because the antenna is embedded in the back glass.

FSRBIKER

Reaction score
I'd like to stream music to my car radio from my Droid, I assume this could be accomplished if this comes about?

tu3218

Reaction score

MOTOROKR T505 - Motorola

Worked great but if your main purpose is to transmit music through your radio, I wouldn't suggest it. I guess if you just want the basics it works, but if you turn your stereo up at all it sounds pretty bad.

qwiksilver711

Reaction score
well i'll admit i'm officially a loser... I'd dig an AM reciever way before fm... its painful having to pay for rush, and beck, and coast to coast podcasts

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
pay for am radio?

have you checked out the IHEARTRADIO app it streams KOA out of colorado (which has rushes show) along with tons of other stations.