Who needs wifi when you have 4GLTE?

PurpleTwinkie

Reaction score
Specifically if you have an unlimited data plan. Especially since 4G is usually faster. Thoughts?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

DavePerez

Reaction score
I agree, Purple Twinkie. I can't find a reason to use it, except to connect to locally networked data/devices.

rherron

Reaction score
I don't use WiFi anymore unless I am in an area that doesn't have 4G. But I have unlimited data.

McGyver777

Reaction score
Wifi is kinderon the battery.

eric.scheman

Reaction score
Specifically if you have an unlimited data plan. Especially since 4G is usually faster. Thoughts?

I have unlimited and I use wifi all the time. Its less battery draining than the 4g by far.

OP
P

PurpleTwinkie

Reaction score
I have unlimited and I use wifi all the time. Its less battery draining than the 4g by far.

Really? See, I haven't noticed that. You're probably right but it hasn't been a big enough difference for me to notice.

Arodnum1

Reaction score
I find 4G to be hit-and-miss, I currently have the RAZR, and my good friends have a Droid Charge and an HTC Thunderbolt, 4g has been in Omaha for a few months (like 2) and its shotty at best on all 3 devices, wifi provides consistent speed without having to worry if my 4g will kick off if I hit a link. I love the speed but its just not as good as it should be

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

TomSr

Reaction score
Use WiFi for copying files to/from PC. Also, using DLNA is easier with WiFi. Again, the Amazon Appstore sometimes makes you download large programs, usually games, only via WiFi.