Who is the oldest on here that has Bugless Beast?

Spartan15A

Reaction score
Youngest

Hah, I always thought everyone on here was younger, I have no idea why.
I'm 16, turn 17 in august, and I have been taking apart and fixing things my whole life also.
I love my Droid and bugless is the best ROM out there by far.
I also love speed so I run chevys 1.25 ulv kernel and launcher pro.
Best way to set up your phone hands down. I've had my phone on for 10+ hours and its on 80%.

You win! lol, maybe if the issue was "Who's been running BB longest I'd be in the running," been on it since the original Alldroid ROM.

I was running BB not that long ago, but now I'm running Sapphire. Still, I just turned 16 last month. :)

You guys wish!!!
Just turned 12 November and I have been running custom roms since last year.
So I think I am the youngest:icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
You guys wish!!!
Just turned 12 November and I have been running custom roms since last year.
So I think I am the youngest
icon_%20banana.gif
icon_%20banana.gif

12 jesus i was just discovering my ..... nevermind lol

SemperDroid

Reaction score
I am 37 and just retired from Microsoft. I saw the title and thought I had a chance but the 50+ guy makes me a young one.

I have always enjoyed working on software and expect to continue.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

silvasrt4

Reaction score
Wow there are some timers in here! ha im 20, but im happy to see people of age that are keeping up with technology. My parents barely know how to control the mouse to their computer. Workin on flashin BB again now. Keep it real droidies.dancedroid

SteveC

Reaction score
I'm 62 and have used most of the ROM's out there. Not currently on BB (my Documents to Go does not work right), but I have a backup of the ROM

ChugIt

Reaction score
I turn 60 on 8/8...
Started with a Commodore 64 in the 80's and haven't looked back since.
I love being an "old" geek. Know just enough to be dangerous!
Haven't found anything better that Bugless Beast for my Droid!

I will be 36 on 8/8! Yes, I'm a "youngster" to many of you, but I did have a C64 when I was 9 and used the BBS boards and such. I was also in the arcade 4 blocks away playing with the older guys (maybe some of you? lol). It is a major cliche that people in their 50's don't understand technology. I may only be 35 but I roll my eyes at people who stereotype people's knowledge of current technology based on age. Most of the people that MADE the current technology are 50+.

jasonppp

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I turn 60 on 8/8...

did you ever hardmod a 12 k dial up modem thru serial port?

btw i am in my 30's if it is electronic i am game my favorite is gaming and gaming mods ie... commodore 64, nintellivision, atari, apple 2, apple 2gs, ibm, tandy, nintendo, super nintendo, gameboy sega all makes, game gear, nintendo 64, xbox, playstation 1 and 2, psp, wii
and so on

Last edited:

cockerkingdom

Reaction score
48 here. Seem to fit right in with the rest of you folks. I started with the "Atari 400 / 800". The tape recorder that would load a small game and take 10-15 mins. Boy, we've come along way baby!dancedroid

jayboe

Reaction score
I turn 60 on 8/8...

I will be 36 on 8/8! Yes, I'm a "youngster" to many of you, but I did have a C64 when I was 9 and used the BBS boards and such. I was also in the arcade 4 blocks away playing with the older guys (maybe some of you? lol). It is a major cliche that people in their 50's don't understand technology. I may only be 35 but I roll my eyes at people who stereotype people's knowledge of current technology based on age. Most of the people that MADE the current technology are 50+.

I hear ya on that. I am 34 and recently lived in Tennessee. My best guy for computer repair was 72 yrs young. Worked right out his garage in the spare time and does networking for office businesses daily.
By the way I am running the BB 0.4 with the red glass theme and a 1.25 kernal but only go to 1000MHz while charging. I have profiles in place through SetCPU to control temp, batt, and charging status.
Love my Droid.....ummm, I am a newbie...lol

wricks

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
48 here. Seem to fit right in with the rest of you folks. I started with the "Atari 400 / 800". The tape recorder that would load a small game and take 10-15 mins. Boy, we've come along way baby!dancedroid

Ah yes, the old Atari. I had dual floppy drives on mine. They would start to chatter badly and I'd have to open the case and lube the rails with vegetable oil abd a Qtip. Was hardcore with a 1200baud modem so I could get on bulletin boards - not the web as we know it, just text information exchange.

How can I remember 1984 and forget what I had for diner last night?

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
WOW, what a difference in ages 12-mid 60's that's awesome!

Funny to put ages with the screen names: TanknSpank, 16, really!?

Just putting my 2 cents in. I'm 34 and love anything electronic. My introduction to electronics is when my Dad brought home an Odessy, (had it before my 2600). Don't know if anybody remembers it but it was a "video game system" with a keyboard and big "cassette" software....good times,

bsteenson

Reaction score
I turned 52 a few weeks ago. My first real high-tech experience was in college in 1979 when I discovered the Iowa State University computer lab -- all programming had to be input through IBM punch cards. Then the next year they installed a system with direct keyboard entry. I've been a geek ever since.

RichStevenson

Reaction score
My first was a Commodore Vic20 before upgrading to the 64. who remembers the 1541 floppy drive that played a song with the r/w heads using special software? Ah the good ol days of BBS's and Compuserve.

Sent from my droid using Tapatalk