who is fed-up with paid apps that don't do their job ....

Reaction score
Reading customer reviews is also critical. Look for donationware alternatives or try emailing the dev's before hand and see how responsive they are. I've purchased a few apps that I wish I hadn't, either they caused issues or I found something better, but at a few bucks a pop, it's not something I get worked up over. After all, i pay out the wazoo for a 1000 channels of crap on television, and somehow, that is ok.

OP
zero7404

zero7404

Reaction score
i do read reviews, that's not the issue. i wouldn't buy an app if it's got less than a 4 star review by at least several hundred reviews.

but there's no google presence or anything else in the market keeping tabs on slacking devs. and when there's a problem, the outlets available to me for resolution on google's end are few, far between and i have to sweat searching for contact info/resources to get in touch with them over an issue.

shouldn't be this way, but since it is ... i withdrew my business. it's the only way to make a noticeable impact.

Reaction score
I tend to agree that 15 minutes is not nearly enough time to evaluate an app. If it were longer, I might buy more apps.

removement

Reaction score
i do read reviews, that's not the issue. i wouldn't buy an app if it's got less than a 4 star review by at least several hundred reviews.

but there's no google presence or anything else in the market keeping tabs on slacking devs. and when there's a problem, the outlets available to me for resolution on google's end are few, far between and i have to sweat searching for contact info/resources to get in touch with them over an issue.

shouldn't be this way, but since it is ... i withdrew my business. it's the only way to make a noticeable impact.

Well I think the only way Google would be able to keep tabs on every developer would be to shut down the open market and switch to a closed market with an approval process to weed out the "slacking devs" like apple has. But I am sure even apple has not solved this problem because neither company can make a developer email you back.

You may also have to take into account that a lot of these apps are written by people who have other full time jobs and do not have the luxury of spending hour after work responding to hundreds of emails from the most ridiculous to the most consructive.

Unfortunately I do not think there is a solution to this problem. Like I said earlier, this is not just a problem with devs, this happens in all facets of business.

Inverse

Reaction score
With full games being released on the Market~ like Spectral Souls, which is larger than 1GB... I don't know how they can keep up with this fifteen minute refund.

They're basically saying that large files, are basically nonrefundable. Why more people aren't vocal about this, I don't know. It'll get there, I'm sure~ once the Play gets bigger. You're not the only one 'fed up' with this model. Right now the market is filled with tiny, joke apps mostly. Once the big software floods in~ it's on.

xan

Reaction score
This is the main reason why I dont like to buy apps at all. if there was a fair and reasonable return policy I would be a lot more likely to buy a lot more apps.

With a real return policy, the level of quality of apps all across the board would be a ton better too!!!

S

SFGate

I once looked at the Google posted info and determined that they do not get involved in determining suitability of third party entries. When I found this out, coupled with the other warnings listed in posts here, I just decided not to buy from the Play Store. I check as carefully as possible before I consider making any exceptions.

BillDean

Reaction score
Simple Solution to your problem

Never buy an app that doesn't have a fully functional free trial.
Bill