Who hates YOUR droid?

Diordna

Reaction score
My girlfriends HATES my phone, she doesn't understand :/
And she never will lol
I love her to death but it's annoying, I mean I know I'm on it a lot lol but not when I'm actually with her! Just this one time I had to hold off like 20 minutes or a little more, because I was rooting my droid for first time and someone was helping me through Google Chat, so I couldn't leave my post yet! I think after that she hated it lmao

My mom doesn't like it either.... well she does but hates that I'm on it a lot..
Stepdad doesn't like it either... Pisses me off. EVERY TIME a droid commercial comes on now it's AWKWARD in the house! You get that beginning "DROOOOOID!" sound and then every time you hear some kind of noise or mostly, little complaints from him. I don't even do anything, I just sit there like any of you really.
Oh.. and one time, one of his comments was "It's just a fad, be over in 6 months or so"

Wtf? No? lol

idk, just been mad about people not understanding with their close minded selves, and hating it for no reason.

Ok I'm done :)

Anything on your end?

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
my girlfriend doesnt like that im on my droid all the time plus these forums then when i find something cool and think she might like it too (she has eris) she gets all frustrated and complains

and when i try to help her with her eris she gets mad at me (she mostly complains about how slow it is and how only half the things work)

xXbrick84Xx

Reaction score
I have the same problem... Girlfriend doesn't really care for it, mom hates it because I'm on it all the time, and dad has an iPhone, and he thinks the "DROOIIIDD" sound is totally gay lol.

But screw them all!!! I love my phone!!! :)

timmy

Reaction score
What bugs me the most are the closed minded iPhone users. Even if they have never even touched a Droid, they're the first to bash, trash talk, rip on Droids, and Droid users.

When I try and tell them about Droids, all I'm doing is to tell them about the perks the Droid has to offer. I rarely say anything negative about iPhones (because I was an iPhone owner for 3 years, and loved it, I just hated AT&T and the customer service from Apple).

I have been in a constant argument with a "friend" of mine who has drank the Apple punch, and is a die hard iPhone fanboy whose basis of argument for pretty much anything I have to say is based on sales statistics and who has sold more phones. Of course more iPhones will have been sold, they have been out for years longer than the Droid. Whenever I bring up a good point, he usually is reduced to making a personal attack against me, or something that has nothing to do with phones or which OS is better, or anything relevant for that matter.

I can't seem to make myself clear to him (or many others who are the same): I AM NOT BASHING THE IPHONE! I am just saying there is more out there that is worth trying before you immediately bash it and assume it's garbage.

I'm not sure why people like my friend frustrate me so much. I love my Droid, he loves his iPhone. We both have our own opinions about our own devices, and the competition's devices. I guess it's just their closed minds and cult-like following they have towards Steve Jobs...

That felt good haha. Now I won't be all worked up during my 11 hour shift at work today.

Fault

Reaction score
U need to learn how to hide your loves like that from the peopel you love, lol. Im in love with my laptop, and it pisses my girl when Im on it a lot, mainly because she is very busy (i am aswell), but she doesnt have time to ever use her comp. O well, u learn to live. Its the burden of being a techie.

diverbelow

Reaction score
I have the Droid and my wife has the Droid Eris, so there is no problem there. What she does hate is the fact that we are going to switch phones again once Google Voice goes fully VoIP but she is on board since we just have to pay for data, instead of the almost $150 a month bill we have now.

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
I have the Droid and my wife has the Droid Eris, so there is no problem there. What she does hate is the fact that we are going to switch phones again once Google Voice goes fully VoIP but she is on board since we just have to pay for data, instead of the almost $150 a month bill we have now.

your lucky my bill is 190 a month for a droid an eris

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i guess i'm lucky because my girlfriend has a rooted droid so she understands...

she is an IT director at a large finance company so she loves her gadgets.

most of my iphone friends are envious both of the network and the phone.

ljprevo

Reaction score
You know when I got my Droid it was time for my wife and I to re-up.

I had to talk her into it seeing it was buy one get one free, couldn't pass THAT up.

Well she finally agreed, phones came and she was still leery about the phone.

I guess with everything the thing does it can be overwhelming.

NOW, she uses her phone more than I do. Good grief, she is the "Droid" expert.

I just let her think that, LOL

NOW get this.

My dad was so impressed with the Droid he just switched from AT&T to Verizon (no he didn't have the iphone).

He was presented with the buy one get one free deal. My mom hands down did not want the Droid, she just wanted a regular phone! I was like GOOD GRIEF mom!

My dad bought his droid at retail and my mom another phone at retail. I was like DAD!!!!

Reaction score
I like mine but I do not love mine. My GF does not like it because I am on it a lot. I would love a iphone but it's not for Verizon yet. But I do like my Droid well Devour.

bje1982

Reaction score
i guess i'm lucky because my girlfriend has a rooted droid so she understands...

she is an IT director at a large finance company so she loves her gadgets.

most of my iphone friends are envious both of the network and the phone.

She got any friends like that? lol haha

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Most of my family and friends actually have Droids so they aren't haters. My wife has an Eris so she gets semi-annoyed with how much faster mine is, although a nice root/overclock seems to have made her happy for now. She does get annoyed when I'm on it for too long though. :(

As far as non-spouse Droid haters.. umm.. I guess there is one coworker who has an old BB Curve and he tries to make up reasons why his curve is cool whenever I mention something. Or he says things like "yeah I could get the Droid but I'd rather wait for something better like the Shadow" like I'm gonna be hurt that my Droid isn't cool enough for him LOL

I like mine but I do not love mine. My GF does not like it because I am on it a lot. I would love a iphone but it's not for Verizon yet. But I do like my Droid well Devour.

Well that is why you like it but don't LOVE it. The Eris/Devour are nice phones but they aren't as fast, don't have the hi-res screens, etc that Droids and Incredibles do. I think you'd go from like to love with the better screen, processors, camera, etc that the bigger phones have.

Last edited:
Reaction score
But why would I need them and the lower battery life and the faster processor.
I am probably going to get the incredible soon anyway and take this back. But there is not reason that I see to void warranty's and over clock a phone just for a bit faster internet speeds. It is just my mind set. Of corse I OC computers just not my phone.