which roms work for my d2??

papp_e

Reaction score
hey this might be a dee-duh-dee question to ask, but I see a lot of roms listed around on forums, esp. the roms sectino of this forum. Which can I install on my D2 with 2.2 froyo and be OK? Does it have to be a d2 specific ROM?

Thanks much

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes it has to specifically made for the Droid 2. Don't use any other phone's roms.

wmnomore

Reaction score
I would stay on the d2 forum. There aren't many for us yet: Squidly, Tranquility, epic, and motaboy's non-r2d2. You can also go to My droid world from motaboy's thread here and get the r2d2 stock version. Hope i got them right and didn't leave anyone out. If so, correct me. This is a good place to start. I am using Motaboy's full rom and applied the black bar and r2d2 lock screen. I haven't tried any others, yet.
Good luck,
chris

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd suggest Motaboy's ROMs at the moment...they seem to be very stable and are up-to-date, based on 2.4.0 and getting updated to 2.4.5 soon.

In the ROM section here in D2 land...

OP
P

papp_e

Reaction score
What about themes? Can i use the lithium themes or any theme that is just a theme WITHOUT a full rom?

Thanks for the responses guys!

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I realize I am posting about my owm rom ,but my rom is extremely stable and have never had a complaint about fc's or reboots.

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We would like to make a sticky post in this section that will include all the roms for the Droid2... Anyone interested in helping us maintain the detailed list?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
are u asking for devs cuz i have a d2.