Which Launcher switcher to go with?

B

budmonster

I just installed LauncherPro Plus on the DX, I didn't know that you need a home switcher application to use LP, ADW, etc. On my OG DROID, no application was needed, does anyone know why the DX requires an app? Maybe b/c it's Blur?

Anyways which should I go with?
Home switcher for Froyo, Homesmack, Easyhome, Home Manager, Launcher Switcher.

Or tell me what you use...Thanks- BUD

HelpeRX

Reaction score

Ya no I am on the DX and you dont need home switcher especially if you are on FROYO. Try uninstall and reinstall then press home then press the always uses this action and press the home launcher you want.

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Home Manager is nice.

---------------------
fivefour on xda
@f1vefour on twitter

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
lol not to be rude BUT THEY ALL DO THE SAME THING!

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Not exactly, home manager can kill the other running launchers upon switching and has a persistent notification for switching. At the end of the day they all serve the same purpose...but each has a different feature set.

---------------------
fivefour on xda
@f1vefour on twitter

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Ya no I am on the DX and you dont need home switcher especially if you are on FROYO. Try uninstall and reinstall then press home then press the always uses this action and press the home launcher you want.

You simply need to go into application settings, locate your launcher select it then clear defaults. Now when you hit home you will see the list of installed launchers.

---------------------
fivefour on xda
@f1vefour on twitter

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The new home switcherfor froyo has an option to clear defaults for home screens. Its not pretty but its a little faster than doing it manually.

tappin and a talkin

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Not exactly, home manager can kill the other running launchers upon switching and has a persistent notification for switching. At the end of the day they all serve the same purpose...but each has a different feature set.

---------------------
fivefour on xda
@f1vefour on twitter

generally speaking though lol

OP
B

budmonster

i guess they all are different in some way abe, not to be rude :) thx spaz and prime. i just checked 3 of them from the market and each do have different features.

travisn000

Reaction score
I was using home switcher, but changed to home smack as it has a handful of useful options that are not available in the others... my only complaint is that the dull grey icon in the app drawer is harder to spot :p

HelpeRX

Reaction score

you dont need it is a waste of space. You can always press clear defaults to go back and forth. I dont know why someone would want to go back and forth anyways.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well I have several of the major home replacement apps installed and go back and forth when i'm answering someones question about a launcher that i'm not currently on, so for me homeswitcher is really conveniant.

tappin and a talkin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
The clear defaults only works if you have multiple launchers installed. If you are just using just one the only way to get back to the stock home is with homeswitcher or some other app. Or of course uninstalling said launcher.

nycebo

Reaction score
Why does HomeSmack, which actually has the nicest interface, need network access and location access in permissions? Makes me a little nervous.