Which Launcher do you use?

trebb

Reaction score
LauncherPro would have to redraw my widgets all the time. I went back to 0.5.4, and that solved the redraw for the most part, but it was kinda sluggish. I'm trying ADW now and it doesn't redraw, but sometimes even exiting my text messages it takes 5-7 seconds to show the homescreen again.

I really don't like the stock launcher, but I feel like that would be the most stable. It seems like ever since froyo, this has been happening. I feel like it's counterproductive too..all this speed in OCing and using ROMs, and my phone is running slow. My friend was running Launcher Pro on her 2.1 stock Droid, and it was running better than my 1.2GHz OCed Sapphire phone..

keyblade

Reaction score
I'm still using Launcher Pro. Does what I need it to do though occasionally it can be sluggish. People recommend ADW for me, but every time I've tried it, it just bothers me for some reason.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Helix Launcher 1.3 SixScreens 11 Widgets

DreamOperator

Reaction score
I was using Launcher Pro, but I constantly received a message stating "cpu done, restoring home screen". Tried it on several different roms, same thing. I set it to stay in memory, same thing. I read around here that ADW is just as good if not better, but it needs to be setup right. I tried it and it's been great on my Droid. My oc varies from 700 to 1100, no issues.

I changed scrolling speed to 250, overshoot to 0, and turned system persistant on. I think those are the important settings and the rest is preference. I'm curious how others configure those settings.

I also got rid of all the dots, configured it to have four buttons in the dock and hid the status bar. I set "swipe down" to show notifications and "swipe up" to open the browser. It's almost perfect!

I do like the scrolling dock in LP, and the icons that it comes with, but ADW is what's working best for me now.

OP
T

trebb

Reaction score
Do you have screen cache on? I've got 4 screens, and like 13 widgets...maybe I need to reduce my widget use.

Game4set

Reaction score
I'm using Launcherpro on Moto Droid 2.2 and I've been having the same problem! Every time i go back to the home screen the widgets have to reload themselves and the phone is pretty laggy even though it's on froyo which is supposed to be "faster." I heard that the issue (slowdown) has to do with something with apps being stored on the memory card but I only have 3 apps moved to my memory card.

OP
T

trebb

Reaction score
I don't have any apps on my sd card and I still have the problem

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

masters

Reaction score
LauncherPro would have to redraw my widgets all the time. I went back to 0.5.4, and that solved the redraw for the most part, but it was kinda sluggish. I'm trying ADW now and it doesn't redraw, but sometimes even exiting my text messages it takes 5-7 seconds to show the homescreen again.

Do all the froyo builds have the same issue? I like ADW over stock, but I hate the fact it takes a bit to be able to get the icons back.

And is it ADW or Froyo giving the problem? Fixable?

OP
T

trebb

Reaction score
Every froyo build I've used (BB, Sapphire, etc.) has had an issue with it honestly. Like I said, my friend was using launcher pro on 2.1 stock and it was smooth as can be.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

52brandon

Reaction score
launcher pro has been flawless for me. Turned up the speed and its been great. Dont use widgets except power control, music and news/weather though...

KpAtch3s

Reaction score
Haven't used ADW, but I've had no issues with LP either. 5 screens 10 widgets and it's super snappy.

Reaction score
What's everyone's take on SweeterHome? Seems like it's easily themed and there are some pretty good ones out there.

DreamOperator

Reaction score
I do have screen cache enabled. Three screens. For widgets, I have a clock, battery left, more icons 1x1, museek, weather bug elite, power control, tesla led, daily horoscope, bbc news, ny times, set cpu, and cubed music player. Running saphire 0.7.0 with 1.1ghz kernel. Just recently set sleep to 125 min/max. ADW is a tiny but slow too respond when coming back but very minor. None of the laggy redraw others mention.

OP
T

trebb

Reaction score
I don't get how some people are having NO issues at all with Launcher Pro... There's a thread over in the Bugless Beast section about the exact same thing and I've read it across multiple forums.