Which kernel?

xxxxsh4d0wxxxx

Reaction score
So I just rooted last night. I had Android 2.1 so to get root access I followed this guide that uses stock 2.1, however, it lets you root.

Basically I want to overclock to the highest I possibly can while remaining stable, which is like what?.. 1.3GHz?

I want to stay stock though, I want my stock 2.1, but I want to overclock.. I hope this makes sense. I do not want some fancy ass ROM or any of that stuff.

What must I do for this?

razorseal

Reaction score
Root your droid, install rom manager flash clockwork from it download setcpu and install your choice of kernel that supports 1.3 ghz.

beanx

Reaction score
good luck getting your droid to run stable at 1.3ghz. 1.2 is the max i can run, but it will crash under heavy loads like games and what not. I usually leave it at 1.2ghz for normal use and down clock it to 1ghz or 1.1 for gaming for stability

ZBoater

Reaction score
I ran both Bekits and Chevy's 1.2GHz kernel, and they would work until I ran the Quadrant benchmarking app. My Droid would reboot. Not all Droids like being more than doubled their original speed. I am running Chevy's 1GHz Low Voltage kernel with the Ultimate Droid Froyo eXtreme 1.5.0 ROM and got a 1243 Quadrant score, which is not shabby. UD's ROM has a built in OC kernel to go to 800MHz. Honestly Froyo is so snappy I can't tell the difference between 800MHz and 1GHz unless I run a benchmark app. No need to stress your Droid unless you can actually feel a difference.