Which kernel should I use to overclock to 1.2 GHz

rockinyp

Reaction score
I'm currently running:

-- Android 2.2 on my Moto Droid
-- Baseband C_01.43.01P
-- Kernel version 2.6.32.9-g103d848 android-build@apa26 #1
-- Build number voles-userdebug 2.2 FRFxx 33333 test-keys

I have it overclocked to 800 MHz, which is the highest the stock kernel will go, but I'd like to go back to running at 1.2 GHz like it was when I was running the first 2.2 ROM that came out. There's a noticeable difference in the speed of the phone.

But which kernel should I use to overclock this build to 1.2 GHz? The one I was using before was the wifi fix for the original Android 2.2 ROM. Should I just use that one again?

dustoff69

Reaction score
My phone likes the kernels from P3droid. They run well and cool. Never had a temp issue with his stuff. You should try several and see what works best for your phone.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
P3Droid Kernels

Pick out the one that best suits your needs. FWIW I have no desire to OC that fast. 1ghz if fine with me, I'm using a low voltage kernel that allows me to go that fast. Just pick the next one up and give it a try.

DroidFan88

Reaction score
You can't go wrong with P3Droid's kernels. I've gone from 1 to 1.1 up to 1.2 which I have now and there is no overheating, battery life is good and performance is excellent. He does great work.

OP
R

rockinyp

Reaction score
Ok thanks! I thought maybe there was a specific one I should use like there was with the original 2.2 ROM. I'll try one of the ones listed on his site.

Se7enLC

Reaction score
Ok thanks! I thought maybe there was a specific one I should use like there was with the original 2.2 ROM. I'll try one of the ones listed on his site.

There is. The p3kernels site that hookbill linked has separate sections for 2.1-compatible and 2.2-compatible kernels - make sure you get a 2.2-compatible kernel.