Which calender to use?

Mr. Premium

Reaction score
Ok, I decided it's time to start keeping a calender. Do I use corporate calender which syncs with my exchange email, or the other calender which I'm guessing syncs with gmail.

Which do you use, why do you recommend it, and what are the benefits of each one?

Thanks.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Pure Grid Calender widget <---NICE

It's a lot nicer than the stock calender IMO, not sure about Exchange support though...I never use it.

You can set events for each day, and it keeps track of them every week. Like if you have something you do every Monday, it will keep that on Mondays, with the time and how long it lasts etc.

joeymoose

Reaction score
Pure Grid Calender widget <---NICE

It's a lot nicer than the stock calender IMO, not sure about Exchange support though...I never use it.

You can set events for each day, and it keeps track of them every week. Like if you have something you do every Monday, it will keep that on Mondays, with the time and how long it lasts etc.

+10......:icon_ devil:

GerryG35

Reaction score
I've had pretty good luck using the free S2 Calendar Widget by Futaba. I found it on the Market about a month ago and have used it ever since. It has 2x1, 2x2, & 3x3 widgets and a fair amount of settings to customize. It's not real fancy but you can create events and see your calendar in 1-day, 1-week, and 1-month formats as well as "agenda" which is a vertical listing of upcoming events. It's rated 4.5, it's ad free, and it's free of charge.

slinky

Reaction score
The Laik widget or something like that is free. It's awesome and creates small font to fit in tons of calendar items into a small area. Best Calendar widget, period.

theguy386

Reaction score
I think his question was more along the lines of an actual calendar and NOT a calendar widget/alternate.

I personally use the regular calendar, which DOES sync up with your gmail account. Although I've hear that gmail only keeps record of 60 days, or something like that, maybe someone can shine a bit more light on that

REMilk

Reaction score
On my Motorola Droid, I use the following:
1. Stock Calendar for my personal Gmail calendar
2. Corporate Calendar for corporate MS exchange calendar
I like the separation of work and personal.

However, I also like a composite view so I use both of the following:
1. Pure Calendar (agenda view)
2. Pure Grid Calendar (calendar style)

These work for me, your needs might vary.

Bob