Where to store a new ringtone?

Zooterpust

Reaction score
I had some ringtones on my iPhone that I'd like to duplicate on the Droid X. I'm guessing MP3 is the preferred format for the sound files, but into what directory/folder on the Droid should those files be copied? When I view the Droid's directory structure on my Mac, I don't see a folder that is obviously intended for ringtones.

REARless

Reaction score
you can just put ringtones in a folder at the root sd card called, wait for it...

ringtones

You can also create a folder for notifications called:

notifications

You should put your mp3 music in a folder called:

music

OP
Z

Zooterpust

Reaction score
I put mine in media/audio/ringtone folder.

Sent from my Moto Droid using Tapatalk

Is that a pre-existing folder or one you created? No such folder exists on my phone as far as I can tell. In fact, I'm not even sure whether I'm looking at the 16gb sd card or whether it's the phone's own built-in storage medium.

crackedvenom

Reaction score
mine has always been there. but if its not there just create it and throw your stuff in there.

OP
Z

Zooterpust

Reaction score
I'm wondering if my phone is functioning properly. I didn't get any of the "mount drive" messages when I first plugged mine in, but I did get a messaging saying my Mac didn't recognize or couldn't read the drive or some such. I had to set it to mass USB storage or some such. Is yours a Droid X?