Where to get phones to test the code?

kidalex

Reaction score
Is there some sort of a discount program from manufacturers or carriers in the US that allows developers get most common Android based phones for testing?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Are you talking about for free? Then no.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What do you mean by "at cost"? And your best chance is to contact google.

Last edited:
OP
K

kidalex

Reaction score
What do you mean by "at cost"? And your best chance is to contact google.

by "at cost" I mean what manufacturer's cost to make the phone is. What would contacting Google get me? They don't make Motorola or HTC phones

Weapondrift

Reaction score
Typically thats a big no, specifically because wholesalers HAVE to make some sort of profit, so they sell their products in bulk to manufacturers for a set price. When you see the cost of a phone a certain percentage of that cost goes to the copmany that made the phone and the other percentage goes to the service provider (att, t-mobile, vzw, etc).

The only way I see this possible is if you were to become an employee in the test market of a phone company and even then your chances are slim that you would be able to actually buy the product.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I said Google because Google is the one who really cares about the whole apps thing. Right now Android phones are doing just fine with our "sub-par" app market so the manufacturers don't care too much.

iPirate

Reaction score
Didnt a bunch of Droid's get passed out at some point? I remember some guy wanting to sell his he got free.

Also if you Google it, I think Google was going to give out some N1s if you developed an app that got a certain number of sales.

Did you try Google?