where to find z4 root

Fx4Nick

Reaction score
ok so I have done some reasearch and I am looking for the z4 root. Where is a good place to find this? I just want to make sure that it is a good file.

After that I am going to download Titanium Backup fomr the market.

I probably will not dable with roms yet

I want to root really just to remove some of the "bloatware"

Is there anything else I should think about after rooting?

Also, once rooted do I need to reboot the phone? I found a tutorial on youtube.com that I will probably follow with z4 root

OP
F

Fx4Nick

Reaction score
I am trying the z4 root now and it has been more than a few minutes since the Z4 started the install I still have the blue screen witht eh circle cycling int he middle of the screen.. How long should it typically take to complete??? The guy in the you tube video says "2 minutes tops"

evltwn72

Reaction score
Back out and reboot the phone. Then try again. It should work, I used it with my DX.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
F

Fx4Nick

Reaction score
how do I back out??

it has now been about 15 minutes and the middle icon cycling stopped about 2 minutes ago

jsw6380a

Reaction score
I am trying the z4 root now and it has been more than a few minutes since the Z4 started the install I still have the blue screen witht eh circle cycling int he middle of the screen.. How long should it typically take to complete??? The guy in the you tube video says "2 minutes tops"

What video did you use?.. It probably shouldn't even take that long. Follow this step by step after a reboot and you shouldn't have any issues.

[video=youtube;ymdVLL1ioUc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymdVLL1ioUc[/video]

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hit your back button. I'd reboot the phone also. Then run "Permanent root" again.

how do I back out??

it has now been about 15 minutes and the middle icon cycling stopped about 2 minutes ago

DroidForums Junkie!!

OP
F

Fx4Nick

Reaction score
That is the video I followed after watching severral times to make sure I did it right.

Currently the phone is frozen none of the buttone will do anything.

I will pull the battery and try again

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Ok, cause I did that video and I have had about 30 people do it flawlessly. I will be here to help.. Let me know

OP
F

Fx4Nick

Reaction score
Yay!!!

PUlled battery and started over doing the exact same steps and it took about 45 seconds to beign the reboot after z4 finished

anyone have a good tutorial or video to remove bloatware??? that's next on my list.... sorry not remove but rename bloatware

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Freeze it in Titanium Backup Pro. That is the only way you will rid it until you get a custom ROM when it is done for you..

Im glad that worked!

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I used z4root back in november when I got my phone. One push and my phone was rooted in about a minute.
Also if you are thinking about removing the bloatware don't, just use titanium backup pro and freeze them. That way when an OTA update comes along all you have to do is un-freeze and update. Trying to find the apk for some of the bloatware can be a pain.
I believe that there is another way to prevent the system from recognizing the apps by changing the prefix but I forget how as I've never done it.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1! This will be best until you get a lil more experience with Android. Enjoy! :)

Freeze it in Titanium Backup Pro. That is the only way you will rid it until you get a custom ROM when it is done for you..

Im glad that worked!

DroidForums Junkie!!

dirtyfingers

Reaction score
I have tried several times to download z4root from the xda developers site, but everytime I try it says "cannot download, content is not supported on this phone" Does anybody know why it would be saying this? I think I have finally built up the courage to root my DX after researching it for the past couple weeks, so if anybody could help it would be greatly appreciated.