where do you guys purchase pcs online?

rod

Reaction score
im in the market for a new pc. where do yall suggest i check out prices? i already know of tigerdirect, newegg and zipzoomfly. are there any other sites out there that have the same products along the same prices? let me know! thanks in advance.

heem

Reaction score
newegg is the place to be, only way you're going to beat them on price is with the "sketchy" sites with questionable customer service.. and questionable product.

skagmire

Reaction score
If you want a desktop, build it yourself if you can. Goto newegg for parts.

if you want a laptop I've always had good luck with dell but always call them and talk the rep down in price.

Mawnee

Reaction score
Newegg. Very rarely will you find better prices.

I am a computer builder, and I can tell you that I would commonly end up buying parts from neweeg rather than my distributors. Same prices(unless I bought major bulk) and easier warranty service. :)

medicTHREE

Reaction score
dell outlet supplied me with a few mini's. "new previously ordered" means a computer that was ordered but cancelled prior to shipment. They are great deals usually.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Newegg for parts...then an afternoon putting it together....

OP
rod

rod

Reaction score
ive put together a few computers in the past, but i must be getting lazy, because i just dont feel like doing it this time around. i know i want an hp. i purchased one of those all-in-one touchsmarts a few months back, and was highly impressed with the product. figured id take another dive and buy a tower.

thanks for the advice guys. i appreciate it.

OP
rod

rod

Reaction score
just fyi, i found the comp i wanted thru newegg. i decided to do some last minute searching and found frys to have an actual better price. plus, i received the pc four days after placing the order (would have been two days had the fedex guy been on his game). i was in desperate need of an upgrade. now, with this pc and the droid, i feel like im on top of the tech world. haha

/innergeek

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
just fyi, i found the comp i wanted thru newegg. i decided to do some last minute searching and found frys to have an actual better price. plus, i received the pc four days after placing the order (would have been two days had the fedex guy been on his game). i was in desperate need of an upgrade. now, with this pc and the droid, i feel like im on top of the tech world. haha

/innergeek

Nice...Specs?

OP
rod

rod

Reaction score
its not tip-top of the line (ive gotta buy postseason tix and kids xmas gifts this month!) but it sure is a vast improvement from my last pc.

the basics from frys.com:
AMD Phenom II 910 X4 Processor / 2.6 GHz (im not big on intel, tho those i5s and i7s really tempted me)
8GB DDR3
ATI Radeon HD4350 512MB DDR2 Memory
1TB Hard Drive

LightScribe DVD & Blu Ray Player

this is my first pc with sata, and my first processor thats multi-cored. my previous pc was also 2gb ddr. so im experiencing a little bit of awe watching this thing zoom. i plan on replacing, if not adding additional video cards to allow for multi-monitors. i do a lot of drafting, so thats a must. its killing me to have only one for the time being, but hey, the kids gotta enjoy christmas, right? haha