Where do songs I purchase from amazon mp3 go?

akj27

Reaction score
I purchased a couple songs and the only way to get them to play is to go to the amazon mp3 app and go on downloaded... It's not transferring over to my library. Anyone know how to get that to work?

dast

Reaction score
When you say that the files are not transferring to your library, do you mean they are not showing up in the library on the phone's media player or that you are trying to sync with a PC and they don’t show up there?

For what it's worth, the files should be stored in various subdirectories on your sd card under the directory amazonmp3.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

flvtxfreak

Reaction score
I have a bit of the same problem. I have been purchasing some albums from the Amazon app and they show up no prob in my Music library (the Music app) - all expect one album. I can find the album and songs in the File Manger along with all the rest but that ONE album does not show up in the Music app library listing. The album and all the songs show up as downloaded in the AmazonMP3 app.

Any ideas.

flvtxfreak

Reaction score
There should be an Amazonmp3 folder on sdcard.

~ DroidForums.net App ~

Yes - all the files are physically there - what the prev poster and I are saying is that not all of them show up in the music app's "library". I've since found a couple other individual songs that dont appear in the music app's library listing.

Example: I have a Boston album that has 8 songs - I see 8 songs in the OI File Manager under the Amazon folder, but in the Music App library listing it only shows 7 songs. Another album does not even show up. I dont see any way to make the music app refresh its listing or adding a folder to the listing.

flvtxfreak

Reaction score
Fixed - I deleted the Music App data under Settings->Applications after a force stop, then I rebooted the phone. Now everything appears under the Music App listing.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
didn't think anyone would use the amazon mp3 app. there's a bunch of other apps where you get mp3s for free, but if you want to contribute to the economy, good job!

flvtxfreak

Reaction score
didn't think anyone would use the amazon mp3 app. there's a bunch of other apps where you get mp3s for free, but if you want to contribute to the economy, good job!

I think we all know that we can steal whatever we want if we have the appropriate upbringing. The thread was discussing a problem about the native music app library. Problem fixed though.
If there "really" is a source where I can download high quality truly and legally free mp3s for any artist I want please please post....id use it exclusively.

OP
akj27

akj27

Reaction score
Fixed - I deleted the Music App data under Settings->Applications after a force stop, then I rebooted the phone. Now everything appears under the Music App listing.

Could you elaborate on that please? What do you mean by deleted?

flvtxfreak

Reaction score
Phone settings, Applications, Manage applications, Running tab
Select Music app then click the force close, then the clear data button, then reboot the phone.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Toast67

Reaction score
Amazon MP3

I'm noticing that the Amazon MP3 app is loading my music onto the phone's memory, and not my SD card. Does anyone know how I can get the app to save my music to the SD card, and how to transfer my existing music there? Do I need to set a folder up?

Thanks!

ldouble_e

Reaction score
They should be going to /sdcard/amazonmp3/ check your sdcards root for the amazonmp3 folder.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
camera-01.jpg

Amazon Music (audit your music)

^ That was the last time I used Amazon Cloud/Amazon Music. I have since switched to Google.

Are any of you still using Amazon Music?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Given your feelings in this thread back then, I am going to guess you aren't using it.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Given your feelings in this thread back then, I am going to guess you aren't using it.
Hah, actually have purchased a few albums off amazon music the past couple years. Otherwise I just listen to what's on the radio or sports radio.

That being said....Support music artists you like everyone. (That was 7 years ago me, I am wiser now...)

Last edited: