where did facebook messenger "ding" sound go?

s7newb

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
galaxy s7 edge
one day i wake up and i have no sound for facebook messenger notification . so i go into the sounds and the messenger "ding" sound option is gone .
theres other sound options but i want the "ding " back . my wifes phone still has it (same exact phone) i dont understand

also how can i add this sound? i downloaded the sound file but cant add it ,i tried putting it in various folders but none added it to the choices of sounds for messenger notification sounds .

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
Delete facebook completely, then, don't reinstall it. Works every time.:p:p:p

jasnooks

Reaction score
how can i add this sound? i downloaded the sound file but cant add it ,i tried putting it in various folders but none added it to the choices of sounds for messenger notification sounds .

Not sure why the sound disappeared on you. Maybe try uninstalling, then reinstalling the app.

Or:
Add any mp3 file to these 2 folders.
Worked for me on any Android that I've had.
97d8e1db4c3e91f6b766bee5b4a38615.jpg

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
After the Android Oreo 8.0 update I never had any luck using any custom sound for anything.....no matter where I put the file. My phone would only use stock sounds. After a factory reset, I could use custom sound files again. I think Google kind of boogered this up with 8.0 Oreo

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

thomasalekos

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
suonerie102
The article shared something helpful to me!