Where are my contacts?

kittyglitter

Reaction score
I'm a patient individual, an early adopter, and I swear to god this phone is about to go against the wall. I just want my effing contacts! I sync..."Contact List is Empty". I MANUALLY ENTER A CONTACT..."Contact List is Empty". Call someone and add them..."Contact List is Empty". Link with Facebook...empty. Emailed my sister a photo and now SHE is in the Faves section, but none of my 100+ google contacts or the 7 people I've added manually show ANYWHERE. There's something called Contacts Storage in Manage Applications...but there's no app to open from it. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!

The best part is that if one of the people I've manually entered and linked to Facebook calls...the picture comes up. So I know they're in there. I just don't know why I can't SEE them.

And is there a user's manual online somewhere so I can RTFM? I've googled and googled and found nothing because I can't seem to uninstall several apps as well. Highly irritating.
:mad:

Last edited:

Mattb

Reaction score
When you go into the People app it says "All" at the top right?

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
I'm a patient individual, an early adopter, and I swear to god this phone is about to go against the wall. I just want my effing contacts! I sync..."Contact List is Empty". I MANUALLY ENTER A CONTACT..."Contact List is Empty". Call someone and add them..."Contact List is Empty". Link with Facebook...empty. Emailed my sister a photo and now SHE is in the Faves section, but none of my 100+ google contacts or the 7 people I've added manually show ANYWHERE. There's something called Contacts Storage in Manage Applications...but there's no app to open from it. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!

The best part is that if one of the people I've manually entered and linked to Facebook calls...the picture comes up. So I know they're in there. I just don't know why I can't SEE them.

And is there a user's manual online somewhere so I can RTFM? I've googled and googled and found nothing because I can't seem to uninstall several apps as well. Highly irritating.
:mad:

OK...calm down...lol. Here's what you do:

Go into your contacts screen. Press the menu button, then press display options. Select the gmail account that you're syncing your contacts from. Then, make sure there's a check mark next to all the groups that you want to have shown.

Don't feel bad, you wouldn't believe how many of these posts we see here.

OP
K

kittyglitter

Reaction score
But I searched! I even checked the FAQ! I hate being that person who asks the question someone has already answered.

Thanks for your quick answer too! Unfortunately I'm only using 1 gmail account so there isn't anything else to choose. What I *did* do is go into People and from the People menu choose View and then select Google as the contact source as opposed to Phone. Viola, Contacts. And it only took me 8 hours and numerous websites. *sigh*

Now I just have to figure out why the alarm didn't go off this morning, why I have both mail and a mail widget running, am not getting all my mail, why I don't get email or messages when the phone is locked, etc... I've had smartphones since 1999, heck I even had a Newton, but I've never had a phone that needed a training class. :blink:

Last edited:

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
But I searched! I even checked the FAQ! I hate being that person who asks the question someone has already answered.

Not a problem.

Thanks for your quick answer too! Unfortunately I'm only using 1 gmail account so there isn't anything else to choose. What I *did* do is go into People and from the People menu choose View and then select Google as the contact source as opposed to Phone. Viola, Contacts. And it only took me 8 hours and numerous websites. *sigh*

Oh, my fault, I didn't realize that you have the Eris, not the Moto Droid. I gave you bad instructions. I'm glad you got your contacts figured out at least. The rest of it I can't help with because I don't know anything about the Eris.

OP
K

kittyglitter

Reaction score
*looks around* Am I not in the Eris forum? Did I bugger that too? :-D

You helped solve the biggest issue, and still gave me better directions than anyone else. Cheers!

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
*looks around* Am I not in the Eris forum? Did I bugger that too? :-D

You helped solve the biggest issue, and still gave me better directions than anyone else. Cheers!

Yeah, it's the Eris forum...lol. I just look at the newest posts using the Active topics button. I don't usually pay much attention to the particular forum the post is in.:icon_eek:

J R

Reaction score
Contacts are in PEOPLE ( confused me for a long time)

Call 1-800-229-1235 for the 237 page user manual.

I figured alot of it out on my own--but the phone sure does alot. The manual was free when I called for it.