when will we get ota 4.2

russellj0

Reaction score
I've got a stock nexus and was wondering when it will receive 4.2 ota. Im not too smart when it comes to phones so I don't know how to root or do all that fancy stuff. Thanks

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Well...considering verizon didn't get 4.1 til about 2mo after it was announced (which is fast by their standards) maybe we'll see it by mid or end of January:D

If you want more info on root, check out the second link in my sig. If you want the easiest way to root, checkout Wug's Toolkit

gernerttl

Reaction score
Well...considering verizon didn't get 4.1 til about 2mo after it was announced (which is fast by their standards) maybe we'll see it by mid or end of January:D

If you want more info on root, check out the second link in my sig. If you want the easiest way to root, checkout Wug's Toolkit

I agree about mid January-ish. You ought to see all the whining and complaining on the Verizon forums. It's rather quite humorous.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've got a stock nexus and was wondering when it will receive 4.2 ota. Im not too smart when it comes to phones so I don't know how to root or do all that fancy stuff. Thanks
Sounds like you ought to go the route Im going,LG N4 or wait for the X and eat some pie.:D

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I agree about mid January-ish. You ought to see all the whining and complaining on the Verizon forums. It's rather quite humorous.
Haha haven't gone over there for awhile, but I can imagine the people there complaining.

Hey Crank you get that N4 yet?!

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Haha haven't gone over there for awhile, but I can imagine the people there complaining.

Hey Crank you get that N4 yet?!
Not yet,as you already know,I'm waiting on them to restock.It's Jan already and looks like it'll be in Feb before I can get one.Probly wait now for the X.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not yet,as you already know,I'm waiting on them to restock.It's Jan already and looks like it'll be in Feb before I can get one.Probly wait now for the X.

I just want one too see if At&t is better then Tmo and see if I can live without LTE.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

Heh that stinks. Hope you get your hands on either device soon!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Reaction score

the 'X' is still in the rumor stage. personally, i won't wait for a phone that may or may not exist, but that's just me.

WookieClaws

Reaction score
Seem's like we get word that Sprint's GNEX gets and update then a week later we get it. So I wonder what Sprints timeline is :p

Maybe VZW will beat Sprint this time *holds breath* :D

GuiltyBreak

Reaction score
I don't see Verizon getting the update until the radio issue is fixed. VZ told me the signal loss should of been resolved back with the September Update. Has a Soak test been done at all from Samsung? Does Samsung do soak tests like Moto?

WookieClaws

Reaction score
I'm not seeing signal loss issues, but I do have my phone re-boot on its own from time-to-time. I know 4.2 has some under the hood improvements so I'm hoping the update helps.

Otherwise though my phone works fine. Some of the new features are interesting but not critical that I get them.

Brent72

Reaction score
Now that Verizon is going to stop carrying the Galaxy Nexus I wonder what that means for OTA updates. Hope they don't abandon the device completely. :frown: