When exchanging, will simple SD card swap suffice?

trevorparsons

Reaction score
I currently am awaiting an exchange to ship my way from VZW for my Droid. I've had my current unit for several weeks now and have accumulated a lot of apps/settings/media that I would like to transfer over to my exchange model when it arrives.

I am wondering if all I need to do is switch out the SD cards and all will be well? Or is there more to it than that? Can anyone please shed some light on this issue for me? Thank you in advance for all your help!

Freddy Chevy

Reaction score
From what I understand in addition to the stuff you have on your sd card when you receive your new device just sign on with your g-mail account and all your apps should be waiting for you

OP
T

trevorparsons

Reaction score
Chevy, yeah I know if anything once I sign into my Gmail account all my previously DLed apps are listed on the market for me to easy DL them onto the new unit. But they should just transfer right over if I swap out the SD cards since they are installed on the SD card (right?).

savageseas

Reaction score
Is this indeed correct? I am also expecting a new/refurb :motdroidvert: in the mail tomorrow. VZW rep sent me packing without a great understanding of how to set up the new one.

Videos and pictures - do they transfer as well? Tried to bluetooth a vid to a friend yesterday and couldn't find it using ASTRO. Hopefully its somewhere on the SD card and will transfer. (I spent the last few hours searching the forums for answers to this and other Q's and didn't find what I was looking for!)

~J

BigRussDaGOD

Reaction score
when i returned my droid to the store, i asked if i could keep my current sd card they said sure. when they activated the phone and handed it to me it was exactly like my first droid, apps [even ones i didnt get from the maketplace] settings, wallpaper,etc everything was there. your apps are not stored on the sd card. everything is linked to your gmail account.