When Does Google Sync Contacts?

billyk

Reaction score
I have noticed that changes made to Google contacts online (via my PC) can take forever (12 hours or more) to sync to my Droid. Is there any way to set the frequency or timing of Google syncing contact into to the Droid??

I posted earlier that I figured out how to force a sync from the Droid, but how can I control the sync timing from the Google cloud side?

mjs31

Reaction score
Should be pretty quick if you have auto sync set and have contacts checked in your settings.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Mine seems pretty quick....+/- 5mins or so...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I started to respond to this post last night but something distracted me. By going to settings/accounts & sync/manage accounts ([email protected]) you can force your gmail to sync by turning sync off and then back on.

OP has probably already figured this out but I thought I'd mention it just in case someone else has an issue.

OP
B

billyk

Reaction score
Yup Hook - I figured that one out this AM. But I was wondering why Google contact info changed via PC on the Google site takes 12 plus hours to get sync'd to my Droid.

OP
B

billyk

Reaction score
Any other thoughts on this??

Do other Droid users experience a 12+ hour lag in Google pushing Contact info to the Droid?

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I click the sync tab once i'm in google and all my chages are made. Then I click the Andoid tab under mobil. It' takes about 3 minutes or so

Silver Member
Reaction score
never had a delay with any sort of cloud to DROID sync. i've been really impressed with how quickly everything gets updated.

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
never had a delay with any sort of cloud to DROID sync. i've been really impressed with how quickly everything gets updated.

Ditto..when I first started using it, I was very surprised at how quickly everything synced.

OP
B

billyk

Reaction score
After some weird behavior, the sync is working now - and it's fast. What was weird?

- Contacts made on Droid were not showing on Droid or in Google on PC. Later, with no settings changed, the newest ones started to display on both Droid and PC. Initial ones? In the ether I guess!

- Sometimes, contacts made on Droid show up twice in Google contacts on PC.

- Sometimes, contacts made on Droid with pictures showed up with pictures - other times not.