What's your podcasting setup?

layzphil

Reaction score
New user, just got my Milestone, moving from an iPhone 3G as I was sick of the stereo bluetooth that hardly ever worked properly and lack of AVRCP.

Now don't get me wrong, iTunes is a bloated mess, but the way it does podcast sync and that integration with the iPhone is hard to beat. What are your setups to get close to that on the Droid?

Currently I am using DoubleTwist to download and sync podcasts to the phone, which works pretty well. I tried bTunes as a player which was nice but it doesn't work with AVRCP (bluetooth headphone controls), so I am using MortPlayer which does work. Of course as the Droid doesnt have a database of the music like on the iPhone there's no way for the sync app to know whether you've listened to the show or not. Are you manually deleting the shows on the device after you've listened to them?

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use Google Listen. Not a big podcast user so it may not suit your needs but it automatically tracks my "subscriptions" and downloads new podcasts.

cinematicmatt

Reaction score
yea, just search for listen in the marketplace, and find your podcasts that way. it's really awesome, and works super well... i have very little complaints about it

the only one i have is that with longer podcasts (like this american life) i let it fully download before playing, cause sometimes it gets stuck in a loop for the first 5 min... it's weird....

but that's the best option

Laramie

Reaction score
Google Listen. Most podcasts that I have on itunes can't be found through search on Listen. So I just email myself the feed link, then copy and past the link into Google Listen. Haven't run into an issue yet.

OP
L

layzphil

Reaction score
Listen seems good, except I use Bluetooth headphones to and it doesn't work correctly with AVRCP. If you stop playback (with BT) it'll stop, and if you resume, it'll load the default music player and start playing that! Not cool. There are people complaining about this on google code site.

n3vqh

Reaction score
I am using DoggCatcher.... it was about 6.99 in the market but I find it works great for all the podcasts/web TV shows I like. was a little bit difficult to get setup at first with the right feeds since our phones won't do most video formats.. but once I got the right one for optimal size and picture it works great...

I have it setup that when I plug in and have a wifi signal (like at home) it will download the podcast that were updated... you can also have it update via 3G but I found that I have enough each day with my huge list of podcast that updating at night works out best..

I use it every day and love it..

Good luck
Mike

Reaction score
I've tried several times to get the jim rome podcast on listen. You have to pay to get so I don't know if listen only handles free one or not. But it just sits there searching to no end and I eventually give up. I'm putting in the link they listed for it and nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.