What's your favorite rom for OG Droid?

jchammer123

Reaction score
So I have a question just for fun and to see if there's something out there I've been missing. What is your favorite OG Droid rom and why? Let me know and post some screen shots if you'd like!!!

P7M8

Reaction score
Trying to find the right ROM is very overwhelming. Especially when I don't really know what to look for.

I was running Sapphire for a while on a previous device. When I rec'd a warranty replacement I rooted and went with a stock FroYo ROM. I just got another warranty replacement, rooted and installed GPA10 but replaced it soon after with Ultimate Droid 3.0.1. I flashed a raidzero kernel that clocks up to 1100 MHz.

It's kind of laggy when exiting an app and returning to the home screen or menu. I'm going to find another ROM tonight to install.

It's kind of a pain reinstalling everything. I don't feel like buying Ti Backup. Not sure that Rom Manager does the same thing as I only see the option to "back up" the current ROM.

OP
jchammer123

jchammer123

Reaction score
The Rom Manager premium gives you many more options for roms and kernels. Check out Project Elite v4.2. It's very smooth, it's not in rom manager though. I'm gonna try SS v5 tonight, see how that is.

djj624

Reaction score
I would have to say lgb, sourcery, or pe.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
Liquid gingerbread is where its at right now, especially once all the themes get released. Project evolution is also really nice

platinum8317

Reaction score
I'm currently useing the stock gingerbread GPA12 with the 1ghz kernal. Love the smothness of it. No issues so far. Other then that it's Project Elite 4.2 smooth as can be. Use to love Ultimate Droid but past couple releases have been laggy and very unstable for me. I've done Liquid wasn't impressed. Favorites are PE, Gingerbread, UD, MIUI...

skruid

Reaction score
Lgb right now but when p.e. release his gingerbread rom, I am sure it will be that rom, p.e. makes great roms and so does liquid froyo/gingerbread roms, both are the best in my opinion.

P7M8

Reaction score
Flashed CM7 last night. I'll play with it and see how I like it. If the T-Bolt doesn't come out tomorrow I may try LGB.

Thanks

Reaction score
I've stuck by BBs ROMS for a while. But I'm now using CM7 as I wait patiently for bugless beasts magic for 2.3.

bodean

Reaction score
Pe or sapphire. Drank the BB Coolaid for a week, and found it to be more hype than wow factor