What's your favorite local band that never quite made it big?

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have listened to several bands from this area who just never quite made it to the big time. There were a couple of exceptions from Eastern PA though, including Live and Poison.

Today we were passing through Baltimore on the way to the Chesapeake Bay for the day, and 98 Rock in Baltimore was doing live broadcasts from hair bands doing a reunion show. One of the bands at this show were from the 80s, and quite good too, but they just didn't make the big time. Below is a link to one of their videos and a song I really liked from Kix.

What are some of your local bands past or present who are good but under appreciated and didn't quite make it? I have several others I will list later but wanted to hear others from around the country.

[video=youtube;hFW_w2DYciA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFW_w2DYciA]YouTube - Kix - Cold Shower[/video]

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna bump this one because i'm always interested in finding new music. there are too many for me to list here, just not gonna try. (i'm from atlanta.. everyfreakingbody wants to be a rock/pop/rap star)

and vulcan.. what's up with the pretty girl scout thing in your sig?

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
Way cool thread! Just found it..

By far my favorite local band that never quite pushed thru was The Robbin Thompson Band. They had an album "Two Bs Please" that had some really fine tunes. These included "Sweet Virginia Breeze", "Candy Apple Red", and my favorite, "Brite Eyes" which had one killer guitar solo. My wild days often saw me and friends at the night club "Attic" in Greenville, NC watching them jam. Great times!
Is it ok to post a song here via dropbox, if not, that's cool just do a google on them.

N/M here it is via youtube:

[video=youtube;VsMyPqE3lVM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsMyPqE3lVM[/video]