Whats up people - Noob here lol

XxSinisteRxX

Reaction score
Hey everyone, my names Joe aka XxSinisteRxX. I currently own a Motorola Droid updated to the recent Froyo 2.2 system. I've joined this site mainly to find out how to "root" my phone so that i can overclock my processor and develop apps later once i've learned how to a lil bit.

I've been watching tutorial videos on youtube by DroidReview and others. Some make it seem easy, some not so much... And their all for the 2.1 or 2.0.1 version of my phone, but i haven't yet found a tutorial for the 2.2 version which is what i need. This will be my very first time rooting a phone and i don't wanna screw it up and brick my phone.

Basically need to know EXACTLY what programs i need installed on my computer(windows xp), and what stuff i need on my desktop for the phone and the whole rooting process. Someone's told me i may have to enter in some case specific codes? If anyone's willing to help me with this that'd be amazing, especially if you know the exact codes needed to overclock n enable my phone to develop apps. I do know their case sensitive and such.

Well that's about it or now. I look forward to spending some time on this site and learning new things about the Droid and the Android OS and being able to help others learn new tips and tricks once i have the proper know-how to do the teaching. Thanks and please hit me up anytime. :)

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Here are a few links that may help.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/39254-sbf-root-unroot.html
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/11102-all-one-popular-threads-read-before-posting.html
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/47871-overclocking-101-a.html

The overclocking is very technical but useful.

If you have questions or concerns post a thread in the hacking or rescue squad sections and the community will assist.

Hope this is helpful.

Mike

OP
XxSinisteRxX

XxSinisteRxX

Reaction score
Helps a little and much appreciated.

The links helped a little, kinda gives me an idea of what to do i guess. But i'm lookin for something a bit more specific to my particular phone. If there's a way to do it, i posted exactly what i need and need to know in my last forum post just a few seconds ago. I know i can be kinda demanding and i apologize, but i can assure you that the help is VERY much appreciated. I'm just very goal oriented i guess, i like to hop on here and find the exact answer to my question and then go do it. I'm sure that once i've successfully modified my phone the way i want it, i'll probably be alot more help in discussions on this forum. lol. Kind of a hands on type of guy, its the only way i can learn and have it stick. lol.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
The links helped a little, kinda gives me an idea of what to do i guess. But i'm lookin for something a bit more specific to my particular phone. If there's a way to do it, i posted exactly what i need and need to know in my last forum post just a few seconds ago. I know i can be kinda demanding and i apologize, but i can assure you that the help is VERY much appreciated. I'm just very goal oriented i guess, i like to hop on here and find the exact answer to my question and then go do it. I'm sure that once i've successfully modified my phone the way i want it, i'll probably be alot more help in discussions on this forum. lol. Kind of a hands on type of guy, its the only way i can learn and have it stick. lol.

Pm me your gtalk. I got some time tonight, I'll run you through the course.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Welcome aboard, its not so scary once you get your feet wet but its great to see folks do research before just jumping in.

Try the first link in my signature, post 13. Replace that rom with any rom you'd like to try.

Issues with rsd lite, as well as instructions for the same, are in my signature too. Follow that one as there is a brand new sprecovery file made available through it. It doesn't include the kernel that comes with the ese81 sprecovery file. That means no conflict with your 2.2 OS.