What's the deal with miui?

ksalce

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been asked already but what's going on with miui? We haven't had an update in over 2 weeks and the last thing I heard about it was the next release was going to be based off of the gb kernel and haven't heard of anything since. I know cm7 has now moved to the gb kernel so what is causing such a long delay in updates? I'm not trying to be impatient I'm just hoping miui for the droid 2 isn't dead because it is by far the best rom I've ever used for my d2. Anyone else agree with me?

on the miui shiz

destin246

Reaction score
agreed i switched cause battery life was horrible i miss it tho

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Bassaholic33

Reaction score
my honest opinion... I think they dont have time to screw around with D2 or DX. They moved on to better phones. This is just what I think has happened, not a fact at all.

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been asked already but what's going on with miui? We haven't had an update in over 2 weeks and the last thing I heard about it was the next release was going to be based off of the gb kernel and haven't heard of anything since. I know cm7 has now moved to the gb kernel so what is causing such a long delay in updates? I'm not trying to be impatient I'm just hoping miui for the droid 2 isn't dead because it is by far the best rom I've ever used for my d2. Anyone else agree with me?

on the miui shiz
from Framework43 Frankie F. Monday, free day. 100% Dedicated to MIUI update and making it automatic for fridays. :)

fishhelmet

Reaction score
I hope so. I haven't flashed a new rom in days, I'm getting the shakes man.

OP
K

ksalce

Reaction score
I hope so. I haven't flashed a new rom in days, I'm getting the shakes man.

Haha I know man the withdrawals are the worst. I'm in need of therapy right now lol.

on the miui shiz

duyna

Reaction score
Switched of this rom because my service would cut out randomly and had to reboot each time, battery life was blah too, I hope that what ever problems are fixed in the new release when ever it is....

ota gb rooted with cm7 with jakebites mod perfect

hockeyhead019

Reaction score
idk i saw the tweet but we still haven't seen anything in almost three months, i love the rom but i'm going through withdraw as well haha might jump to cm7 just cuz it's still being updated for d2 (as well as dx)

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
idk i saw the tweet but we still haven't seen anything in almost three months, i love the rom but i'm going through withdraw as well haha might jump to cm7 just cuz it's still being updated for d2 (as well as dx)

It's been less than a month, and per Framework43 himself, he's back in the game and been busy due to school starting.

hockeyhead019

Reaction score
lol meant to say three weeks lol my bad :/ and yea it isn't a bash on framework43 i mean he's done an awesome job and of course ppl get busy lol wasn't meant to be a bash on him just sayin i might jump to something that's using the gb kernel

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
lol meant to say three weeks lol my bad :/ and yea it isn't a bash on framework43 i mean he's done an awesome job and of course ppl get busy lol wasn't meant to be a bash on him just sayin i might jump to something that's using the gb kernel

MIUI should be released Friday (Chinese-time), and should be released with the GB kernel. I'm looking forward to it.

hockeyhead019

Reaction score
cool cool well i saw framework's tweet so hopefully we jump to the gb kernel, that'd be sweet haha love this rom and kudos to framework for porting it for us dancedroid

eth3rton

Reaction score
Where is the MIUI D2 rom? I was going to put it on my wifes phone but I couldn't find it. I saw the Milestone (original Droid right?) on their site but no D2.