whats the best live radio app?

peterjariel

Reaction score
I want to be able to listen to the radio (live radio) at work while doin paper work and we don't have a radio and I'm tired of listening to pandora. I want to be able to listen to my talk show in the morning ect. Anyways I searched in the app market and I can't seem to find one:( does anyone know of an app in the market or outside the market that can help me out? Thanks

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
iHeartRadio is free, but only has ClearChannel stations. I use RadioTime ($3) which seems to work better for me and provides far more channels.

Reaction score
I think slacker radio also does a pretty good job from what I can tell. You might wanna check it out as well.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think slacker radio also does a pretty good job from what I can tell. You might wanna check it out as well.

I wasnt aware Slacker did live radio (AM/FM) stations. I thought it was more like Pandora....

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you've already heard this, but you might just want to wait for xm-sirius radio. It has a lot of potential and hype(could be a bad thing as well). It is suppose to be here sometime in May. Since it is already the middle of May, I would probably say they are pushing it back to one of the last days in May.

sn2hotty

Reaction score
I tried two that work pretty good- both allow me to listen to 1010 WINS (news) in NY: the first is XiiaLive Lite, and the second is Cherry Rplayer, which is good for a few more stations, including WCBS 88 in NY, as well as Q104.3 for classic rock. enjoy!

Reaction score

I wasnt aware Slacker did live radio (AM/FM) stations. I thought it was more like Pandora....

Actually sir, you might be right. I thought I saw something that said it did live radio, but I might be mistaken. My bad if i'm wrong on this one.

But to mention something else, what is one of your local radio stations? Sometimes, the local radio stations will create their own app. So whatever your local radio station is, type it into the market and try that out.

OP
peterjariel

peterjariel

Reaction score
iHeartRadio is free, but only has ClearChannel stations. I use RadioTime ($3) which seems to work better for me and provides far more channels.

I tried two that work pretty good- both allow me to listen to 1010 WINS (news) in NY: the first is XiiaLive Lite, and the second is Cherry Rplayer, which is good for a few more stations, including WCBS 88 in NY, as well as Q104.3 for classic rock. enjoy!

I got Radiotime and its awsome it has all the stations I listen to except 1 of them and it happends to be my fav. Thank you for the suggestion.
I'm gonna try XiiaLive and cherry...... next and see if one of those have it thank you all for all this suggestions.

OP
peterjariel

peterjariel

Reaction score
Ok none of this apps have the station I want does anyone know of an app that let's u listen from the web site?

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try XiaLive (formerly DroidLive)...you can search for stations with it. There should be a free "Lite" version and a paid version that allows backup/restore of favorites.

kertsman

Reaction score
I use RadioTime, only one I have found that has all of my local stations (Chicago) already listed.