What's te best HDMI out option for the galaxy s5?

ngt

Reaction score
My droid razr maxx had a cable and that was that, but these phones have a few different options. What would you guys say is the best option for hdmi out.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
That depends on the options you have available. Like a Smart TV, Chromecast or any streaming box connected to your tv. If none of these options are available to you, a good quality HDMI cable will do the trick.

OP
ngt

ngt

Reaction score
That depends on the options you have available. Like a Smart TV, Chromecast or any streaming box connected to your tv. If none of these options are available to you, a good quality HDMI cable will do the trick.

I just want to hook it up to a projector and use wifi. I've seen the adapters that have the usb charge cable built on and the projector I'd be using at work has a usb socket on it. Hoping to just plug the phone into both and be able to stream videos on the projector without worrying about my phone dying. But, I've read some bad things about these samsung boxes not working right etc...

OP
ngt

ngt

Reaction score

So by cable, you mean the samsung adapter. Not just a regular cable. I think I took this statement the wrong way earlier and just purchased a cable.

debdroid1a

Reaction score
So by cable, you mean the samsung adapter. Not just a regular cable. I think I took this statement the wrong way earlier and just purchased a cable.

Yes, you need an adapter for the HDMI cable. There's not a special port on the phone (some have them, my Droid 4 did). Here's some instructions.

lykofos

Reaction score
I just got a cable from Amazon to connect my S5 via HDMI out to my 54" HDTV so that I can watch video on the phone's sd card on the TV.

I just used it for the first time to watch some episodes of Vikings last night. Works perfect and charges the phone too when the usb end of the cable is plugged into a wall charger.

"Cable Matters MHL 2.0 to HDMI Cable in Black with 6 Feet Built-in USB."

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ESM3TTA/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_VLoztb0MBSQ6R

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Phreaker47

Reaction score
One of the great benefits of getting this phone (first Galaxy for me) is I that I just got two new Sammy TVs (a 2013 7 series and a 2014 6 series) and the wireless screen mirroring is a built-in feature.

OP
ngt

ngt

Reaction score
One of the great benefits of getting this phone (first Galaxy for me) is I that I just got two new Sammy TVs (a 2013 7 series and a 2014 6 series) and the wireless screen mirroring is a built-in feature.

Is there a delay in movies? I converted some movies to MP4 and there's a delay in the voices on my projector. You can't tell in cartoon movies, but on regular movies it's obvious. I just have one of those cables like linked above your post.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I have an LG and a Sammy Smart TV. I don't get any delay while streaming to either of them. By any chance, does your projector have any setting that may need changing?

OP
ngt

ngt

Reaction score
I have an LG and a Sammy Smart TV. I don't get any delay while streaming to either of them. By any chance, does your projector have any setting that may need changing?

what settings would I be adjusting that would control a sound delay? I don't have the projector in front of me. It's at work and I wont be there for another 9 weeks.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Some projectors have setting for sound picture quality etc. When you're back at work see if your projector has any settings.