what non-bluetooth headphones/earbuds is everyone using?

burner312

Reaction score
So I've seen several threads about Bluetooth headphones,but I just don't really care for Bluetooth. So what's everyone using that's NOT Bluetooth? I was using some old JVC warbuds I got from Walmart, but the tips just didn't fit my ears. Their "memory foam" tips were crap, IMO. So, I bought some JLabs j3micro atomic earbuds from Amazon. Have to say, they're pretty great. Also came with 3 different size tips so now I have tips that fit my ears perfectly. How about everyone else?

JBuds J3 Micro Atomic In-Ear Earphones with Travel Case (Jet Black) [Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging]:Amazon:Electronics

dtartini

Reaction score
Rocketfish clip-on buds. They are buds that fit around your ear so the don't fall out like regular buds. $29.99. Bodyglove makes a similar pair for cheaper. I have Bluetooth also but prefer the buds because I don't have to worry about the headset battery dying.

Neupy

Reaction score
I have a set of Bose buds...but I prefer my bluetooth set much better. The battery life is amazing so is the sound and range

sarreq

Reaction score
my favorites ever, and I still use them, are the Sony MDR-q66 retractable earclips, and I wish I could find a bluetooth pair just like them

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Etymotic ER-4P. I use them with everything. Well, everything that they work with anyway.

It might help if you specified exactly what you're looking for and for what budget. I doubt that you'll want to pay for the ER-4P's. ;)

Reaction score
I use the ones I had from my Palm Pre. They work well and I had two pair of them, so one stays at the office and one at home. Great items and the cord is long enough that I don't have to take the phone out of the belt clip for long conversations. :motdroidvert:

cisco0910

Reaction score
I have those $99 bose ear buds.sound is incredible. I finally decided on those after buying several headphones anywhere from $5 - $30 a piece. after either piss poor quality or then breaking i said to myself I could of bought those $99 bose headphones as much money I've spent and saved me the headache of searching for that right pair.

side note: with the bose headphones you can here every instrument or sound you normally might not with an average set. and they don't totally eliminate your surroundings in case you are worried about that imo

cisco0910

Reaction score
I have those $99 bose ear buds.sound is incredible. I finally decided on those after buying several headphones anywhere from $5 - $30 a piece. after either piss poor quality or then breaking i said to myself I could of bought those $99 bose headphones as much money I've spent and saved me the headache of searching for that right pair.

side note: with the bose headphones you can here every instrument or sound you normally might not with an average set. and they don't totally eliminate your surroundings in case you are worried about that imo

Guchi

Reaction score
i have the bose buds as well, they are great. my samsung wep870 bluetooth buds sound almost as good

theecigarman

Reaction score
I am using the Bose Mobile headset. It allows me to take calls and listen to media with out switching out headsets. They are awesome and very comfortable. I can wear them all day without earaches or having to let my ears rest. They are not noise canceling, which I prefer, and allow me to have a conversation and still listen to music or radio. They are well worth the money!!

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Shure E3c (in ear) phones here. Now discontinued and replaced by Shure but still available from sources like Amazon. I believe the comparable new model is the SE210 available for around $100 from various sources.

Shure earphones are truly extraordinary in terms of sound quality and noise cancellation (not electronic). They fit in the ear canal and virtually eliminate every sound other than the music. I stopped carrying my large, expensive noise canceling earphones (Bose) on plane trips, in fact. The Shures come with multiple tips (I use the "flange" version) for fitting in various shaped ears. Replacement tips are readily available.

If you care about music quality, especially for complex genres like jazz and classical, you can't do much better than Shure. And if you're a real audio snob (or have better ears than I do) you can step up to the next level for about $100 more.

At my desk I frequently use a pair of Sennheiser PX 100 collapsible (on ear) headphones. They're very light, relatively inexpensive ~$50 -$60, and provide great sound with true highs and full bass notes. Very easy to wear without being claustrophobic. The headphones fold up and fit into a small case about 3.5 x 5 x 2.

Again, a very good headphone for complex musical genres. And unlike my Shure earphones, I can hear the phone ringing on my desk when I wear them.

PJay801

Reaction score
I use the Skullcandy Full Metal Jacket Earbuds. The earbuds come in different sizes to accomadate many ears.

cisco0910

Reaction score
I am using the Bose Mobile headset. It allows me to take calls and listen to media with out switching out headsets. They are awesome and very comfortable. I can wear them all day without earaches or having to let my ears rest. They are not noise canceling, which I prefer, and allow me to have a conversation and still listen to music or radio. They are well worth the money!!
What's the difference between the mobile ones and the regular ones besides the mobile one's being $30 more expensive? They look the same....Just curious