what kind of startup behavior is this ?

zero7404

Reaction score
yesterday when i pulled the battery on my phone, put it back in a few mins later and the led indicator lit solid red while the phone started up automatically - as in i did not press the power button.

every other time i pulled the battery and put it back in i'd press the power button to power up the phone, and no red led indicator.....

so why did it do this ?

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
No idea, sorry. Have you checked the support page(s) on Motos site for the Droid? Those sites normally have basic LED codes and stuff listed. I would start there.

Are you rooted? If so what kernel (OC kernel) are you running? Have you tried a recent Nanodroid backup to see if that solves anything?

OP
zero7404

zero7404

Reaction score
No idea, sorry. Have you checked the support page(s) on Motos site for the Droid? Those sites normally have basic LED codes and stuff listed. I would start there.

Are you rooted? If so what kernel (OC kernel) are you running? Have you tried a recent Nanodroid backup to see if that solves anything?

no not rooted. i don't use nanodroid or know what that is.....
if you know the link to that page please post it.....i'd greatly appreciate it. thanks for the response

OP
zero7404

zero7404

Reaction score
bump.....searching for what the LED colors and uses mean is driving me crazy here....every google that's coming up is about customizing it. cannot believe there's no documentation out there about this basic function of the phone....

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have you done a factory reset/restore yet? See if the behavior repeats after as clean restore. If pity does than it's time for a swap if not than it's likely an app that got messed up or is conflicting with another one.

jeffyablon

Reaction score
Brianr0131 is correct, that was a low-battery warning. But I feel your pain re: the LED documentation for DROID. It's frustrating.

That said: I'm almost certain that there is no such documentation, for a simple reason: APPS developers control the LED's behavior. In other words, when you receive e-mail notice it blinks green? That's hard coded not into the device but the application. I've seen some apps (sorry, don't remember which) that allow you to (for example) have a particular color light up if you get a text from a particular person.

And yeah . . . time to let it go.

Search for DROID on my site; I've been writing about it (and problems) since it came out.:

The Computer Answer Guy . . . on DROID 's

-Jeff

Silver Member
Reaction score
OP, i'm more concerned as to why you'd be pulling the battery, at all.

OP
zero7404

zero7404

Reaction score
thanks for all the replies.....
to answer some posts....my battery wasnt anywhere near 15%. it was almost full. this brings up another concern i had about this device as i've been experiencing inconsistent behavior here and there in general and i dont like it. i have bought mybackup pro and i am leaning towards doing a hard reset to see if i can bring the phone around. but i am used to battery pulls with blackberry every week or once within the week to reset the device and free up congestion in the OS.....thats why i did a battery pull.

which brings me to my next question: whats the correct proceedure for a hard reset on the droid ?

Silver Member
Reaction score
a hard reset (factory reset) is done through the menu system.

home - menu - settings - privacy - factory reset

don't pull the battery. it's not necessary in android and you'll probably corrupt the system. only pull if the phone is completely unresponsive.

press alt-shift-del to reboot or power off/on the phone with the power button.

OP
zero7404

zero7404

Reaction score
a hard reset (factory reset) is done through the menu system.

home - menu - settings - privacy - factory reset

don't pull the battery. it's not necessary in android and you'll probably corrupt the system. only pull if the phone is completely unresponsive.

press alt-shift-del to reboot or power off/on the phone with the power button.

thanks....
now, should i do this with the phone connected to external power or not ?

OP
zero7404

zero7404

Reaction score
upon reset i had to activate the phone again....is verizon going to charge me for this ?