what is your min. and max. setting on set cpu?

yourhero88

Reaction score
I must ask you to please not go around spreading false information sounding confident about it...Your min should be as low as it can go. A max/min of 550/250 would run just as fast as 550/550.

What color did you say that kettle was again?

OP
hookerdj

hookerdj

Reaction score
I have scene a couple videos now were i can see people setcpu and they have set cpu just as high as the max setting. In other words if the top slider is at 1000 everyone i sees bottom slider is right sorta up next to it. I am running cyanogen 5057 with a bekit 1000ghz kernal because the lowest slot is 125. I have my min at 125 thinking that would help keep it cool and help with my battery? If someone is at max 1000 say and min 1000 wouldnt that keep your droid hot and burn up the battery time?

You are correct. Anybody setting both max and min to the same value is clearly confused about what frequency scaling is. The ONLY time I can see it making sense to set both min and max to a value is for stress testing. If you want to see what the battery life and temperature is like at 1.0Ghz, you would want to make sure it STAYS at 1.0Ghz, by setting the min and max to be that.

You have the right idea setting max to 1000 and min to a low number. There have been some reports that 125 is too slow for a minimum. If the phone is in standby at 125Mhz and a call comes in, the phone will suddenly wake up and try to do a lot of things all at once. Before the processor gets a chance to ramp up, you will experience a very unresponsive touch screen, and a slow display. You might miss your call because the slider won't go.

I would suggest testing out your minimum speed by setting it and letting the phone go to sleep, then having somebody call you. See if the phone is able to wake up and come back up to speed at a reasonable time. Better to know now than find out when an important call comes in.
thank you!!!

czonin

Reaction score
just updated to UD 9.8 and am using ChevyNo1s 1.2 MV kernal. max at 1200 min at 125 and it has been running great. hasnt been getting hot either

B-Unit

Reaction score
Im running 1000Max/250Min with profiles for different states on ChevyNo1's SS 3.0 1200Mhz LV 7-Slot. I take it down to stock for sleep mode, and cut way down to 250Max/250Min when my battery drops below 25%. I also limit to 800Mhz when charging, just to be safe. I found that 125 caused the slow answering issue when coming out of sleep, so I keep it at 250 and up.

OP
hookerdj

hookerdj

Reaction score
yeah i was wandering what was going on today when i was trying to answer I will have to bump it up now

brando56894

Reaction score
During usage I set the min between 550-800 and have the max at the whatever the max of the kernel Im using (currently 550/1200)

charging: 800/1GHz
sleep: 250/550
power < 26%: 250/550
battery > 58.8C: 125/550

I was using the bebit 1.3GHz kernel but it was highly unstable and caused random freezes and reboots, I ran a stress test on it and it rebooted after like 20 minutes, I picked up the phone and it was scorching hot, im assuming the cpu was around 170F since this how it felt once before when it got that after charging once. I took out the battery and let it cool down for about 5-10 mins and everythings fine.

I bumped down the kernel to 1.2GHz standard voltage and gonna see how it does with a stress test.

edit: I cant see the exact temperature but its around 150F
edit 2: new record 177F I did stop it after that though....

nateccnn

Reaction score
I've had mine up to 135f playing robo defense at 1.2ghz... hasn't hurt my droid at all...

Hasn't hurt it to your knowledge...maybe. When the battery gets hot it deceases it's life. Same with the CPU. The real question is, how much? and does it matter. My thinking is that my CPU is designed to last X number of years. I will trade up to a new phone long before it ever wears out. I will run a little hot, hoping that I only redcuce the life expectancy by a small margin and it will still be replaced long before it fails. The hotter you get, the closer to the edge you live. That is a fact.

So while it may not matter...or you may not notice it...you are damaging it ever so slightly.

Good luck with it.

I run an 800 Mhz kernel (Admaz low voltage) and have SetCPU set at 250 min and 800 max. I have tried 1000, 1100 and 1200 MHZ kernels and found the battery got hotter than I wanted. I settled on 800 because it gives me a little balance. The Droid runs snappy enough for my tastes and cool enough that I am not constantly staring at the temps wondering if I am killing it. I have profiles set to reduce to 550 max when the temp hits 120. I have sleep mode set to run 400 mhz...why burn it up when it is sleeping...if it runs laggy I won't know about it. Save that CPU life for when I need it. If the battery gets to 30% I drop it to 400 mhz to save some battery too. Sometimes I am in the middle of the desert...no where near a power source and would hate for the battery to fail on me when I need my GPS to find my way out of a wilderness area.

Everyone has different needs. That is why SetCPU gives you choices.

Nate

OP
hookerdj

hookerdj

Reaction score
I've had mine up to 135f playing robo defense at 1.2ghz... hasn't hurt my droid at all...

Hasn't hurt it to your knowledge...maybe. When the battery gets hot it deceases it's life. Same with the CPU. The real question is, how much? and does it matter. My thinking is that my CPU is designed to last X number of years. I will trade up to a new phone long before it ever wears out. I will ruin a little hot, hoping that I only redcuce the life expectancy by a small margin and it will still be replaced long before it fails. The hotter you get the closer to the edge you live. That is a fact.

So while it may not matter...or you may not notice it...you are damaging it ever so slightly.

Good luck with it.

I run an 800 Mhz kernel (Admaz low voltage) and have SetCPU set at 250 min and 800 max. I have tried 1000, 1100 and 1200 MHZ kernels and found the battery got hotter than I wanted. I settled on 800 because it gives me a little balance. The Droid runs snappy enough for my tatses and cool enough that I am not constantly staring at the temps wondering if I am killing it. I have profiles set to reduce to 550 max when the temp hits 120. I have sleep mode set to run 400 mhz...why burn it up when it is sleeping...if it runs laggy I won't know about it. Save that CPU life for when I need it. If the battery gets to 30% I drop it to 400 mhz to save some battery too. Sometimes I am in the middle of the dessert...no where near a power source and would hate for the battery to fail on me when I need my GPS to find my way out of a wilderness area.

Everyone has different needs. That is why SetCPU gives you choices.

Nate
than you very informative